buzzcut

2019 NBA Summer season

Recommended Posts

Bad news for those wanting the Supersonics to return...No expansion anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, buzzcut said:

Bad news for those wanting the Supersonics to return...No expansion anytime soon.

 

I wonder who will be the last league to get to 32: MLB, MLS or NBA?  I am thinking right now, NBA, but it could be MLB with the way things are going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 9:26 PM, GDAWG said:

 

I wonder who will be the last league to get to 32: MLB, MLS or NBA?  I am thinking right now, NBA, but it could be MLB with the way things are going. 

 

Exactly. They’ll lose leverage for anew park for the Rays if they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cavs to hire Cal Women's head basketball coach Lindsay Gottlieb as an assistant on John Beilein's staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Lakers are the Favorite for AD. 

But Rich Paul said that he's going to opt out in 2020 regardless of the team. 

 

I'm going to seriously LMAO if after all the dirty :censored: the Lakers pulled at the deadline, they still get Davis. 

Honestly it's a stupid move for the Lakers. They give up their best young guys (and draft pick) just so they can have a team of Anthony Davis & Lebron fresh off an injury and showing his age? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

This injury might salvage his public reputation.

It takes one tweet from another burner account and it’ll ruin it again. And we all know he will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Apparently Lakers are the Favorite for AD. 

But Rich Paul said that he's going to opt out in 2020 regardless of the team. 

 

I'm going to seriously LMAO if after all the dirty :censored: the Lakers pulled at the deadline, they still get Davis. 

Honestly it's a stupid move for the Lakers. They give up their best young guys (and draft pick) just so they can have a team of Anthony Davis & Lebron fresh off an injury and showing his age? 

 

It doesn't matter how badly run the Lakers are, Los Angeles will always be a shining beacon to players becuz evrybody wantz tu bee herr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. That’s a year recovery. I doubt KD will ever be the same player again. 

 

This means that he’ll accept his player option, right? Most likely GSW will be looking to trade him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

 

It doesn't matter how badly run the Lakers are, Los Angeles will always be a shining beacon to players becuz evrybody wantz tu bee herr.

People do realize LA has 2 Basketball teams right? 

And 1 of them are an actual playoff team. (But it isn't the Lakers)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

People do realize LA has 2 Basketball teams right? 

And 1 of them are an actual playoff team. (But it isn't the Lakers)

 

And that one has an owner who isn't a racist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Apparently Lakers are the Favorite for AD. 

But Rich Paul said that he's going to opt out in 2020 regardless of the team. 

 

I'm going to seriously LMAO if after all the dirty :censored: the Lakers pulled at the deadline, they still get Davis. 

Honestly it's a stupid move for the Lakers. They give up their best young guys (and draft pick) just so they can have a team of Anthony Davis & Lebron fresh off an injury and showing his age? 

Davis just turned 26. You trade those guys for a 26 year old as good as AD, period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if the Lakers get AD, it's not going to be enough to surpass Golden State.  Golden State has Steph, Klay, Draymond and Boogie (if he returns, which he probably will).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/report-warriors-durant-expected-miss-entire-2019-20-season/

 

Durant expected to miss ALL of next season.


The Knicks can Amar'e Stoudemire themselves again. Brooklyn can spend money like a sailor again. Or Durant can take Golden State's money for a year and see what the cap looks like in 2020.

 

This changes everything for the off-season. I don't know if the Clippers or Lakers were ever in on KD, but you'd have to think they'd now be out. Neither franchise is in a position to throw away a year with dead money taking up 30% of the cap. The Knicks will spend whatever it takes to be relevant and are happy to continue losing, but good luck getting two free agents now, though perhaps they get whoever is left from D-Lo/Kyrie with Brooklyn.

 

Either way, Jesus. What a huge price to pay for 12 minutes. The Warriors :censored:ed this up big-time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think KD will just take his option and sit this season and see what the landscape looks like next year and make the best decision for him when he’s healthy. He’ll get the max where ever he goes he just needs to go to the place that gives him the best option for another championship or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.