2019 NBA Summer season

buzzcut

Actually pretty pleased with the Cavaliers' draft. Took two big upside guys in Garland and Porter Jr., and Windler was my favorite dude in this draft. All three can be pieces for this team, but none of them are probably good enough to make them not bad next year. Awesome!

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aron Baynes will get bought out anyway. He wants to play for a contender and that won’t be Boston next year; this is relatively low on the list of Danny Ainge snake moves. Though one has to think Ainge could have given Baynes a heads up that the roster was going to come apart before he opted in.

At least the Celtics drafted this guy, the son of a NASA engineer.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Are we far enough removed from the 2013 title that I can complain about the Heat? Because what the :censored:. Everyone's screaming for them to take Bol Bol at #13, he's somehow still available at #44, so they take him. Great! Then immediately trade him for cash. Not great!

You've got some kid that used to be scouted as a very high lottery pick, but gets hurt and falls to you. Just do it. The fanbase is dying for something to go right. Throw us a damn bone.

spacer.png

PJU85JF.png

40 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

Are we far enough removed from the 2013 title that I can complain about the Heat? Because what the :censored:. Everyone's screaming for them to take Bol Bol at #13, he's somehow still available at #44, so they take him. Great! Then immediately trade him for cash. Not great!

You've got some kid that used to be scouted as a very high lottery pick, but gets hurt and falls to you. Just do it. The fanbase is dying for something to go right. Throw us a damn bone.

spacer.png

He cannot guard in space.

Small framed, uber tall kid off a foot injury which was repaired with bone from his pelvis???  Hard pass.

A navicular fracture is relatively rare for NBA athletes. But if history is any indication, they are serious, and complications during and after recovery are unpredictable. There’s still debate in the medical community on whether surgery is the best remedy to fix such an ailment; some argue that casting and limiting the weight bearing on the foot is the better alternative.

According to In Street Clothes, an analytics-based injury database and website, seven notable players who have had navicular fractures are Michael Jordan, Quincy Pondexter, Brendan Haywood, Joel Embiid, Marc Gasol, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Yao Ming, stretching from 1985 to 2017.

Among those seven players, a total of 684 games were missed, for an average of 97.7 games per player. Even excluding Joel Embiid, who is the clear outlier of the group with 215 games missed, the average dips only to around 78 games each—just four games shy of an entire regular season. It doesn’t take an orthopedic surgeon to deduct from these figures that it’s a serious injury that requires a lot of rest and recovery.

The good news for both the Bol camp and inquiring teams is that the injury seriously derailed the careers of only three of the aforementioned players, and each of them had played eight or more seasons before being bitten by the navicular bug. That group—Yao Ming, Brendan Haywood and Quincy Pondexter (still playing)—played a combined 80 of 522 possible regular-season games after returning, or a little more than 15%. Haywood and Yao both retired following their first season back from injury while Pondexter has played in limited roles with Chicago and San Antonio.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffeld/2019/01/09/bol-bols-navicular-injury-has-a-curious-precedent-but-not-one-that-will-affect-his-draft-stock/

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

He cannot guard in space.

Small framed, uber tall kid off a foot injury which was repaired with bone from his pelvis???  Hard pass.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffeld/2019/01/09/bol-bols-navicular-injury-has-a-curious-precedent-but-not-one-that-will-affect-his-draft-stock/

Well I hope it’s enough cash to cover Whiteside’s nutcase contract. Still think Bol was worth the chance. Second rounders don’t even have to get a guaranteed deal. 

PJU85JF.png

3 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Celtics signed Tacko Fall to a Exhibit 10 contract. 

I know absolutely nothing about this guy other than the fact people seem bewildered he wasn't drafted. 

He’s 7’6

Excellent!

5 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

He’s 7’6

7’7” actually, he’s the second tallest person to play. He suffered the injury bug so that’s probably what put people off from him being a big man. It was his shoulder and not something like his back, or lower body but still a concern.

Not really they know he’s going to be trey young’s backup, high priced backup but his role is known. Getting rid of Bazemore was a good move because he’s lost his role on the team and is now gonna have even less playing time.

Golden State Warriors forward Andre Iguodala said he missed time during the 2018 playoffs with a fractured leg, despite the team claiming it was a bone bruise.

Iguodala’s comments about his 2018 injury could renew questions about Golden State’s medical staff and procedures.

“Our training staff is one of the best in the world. And I feel like they got (Durant) back. The tough thing is, when you’re an athlete and you’re hurt, everybody is looking at you sideways,” Iguodala said.

“Last year, it happened to me. I missed the last three games of the Houston series. It goes to Game 7. We barely get out of that series. And now they’re looking at me like, ‘When are you coming back?’ And I had a fractured leg. But it’s being put out there like, ‘You’ve got a bone bruise.’ ‘Nah, it’s fractured.’

More via Reuters

Archived