Jump to content

2019 NBA Summer season


buzzcut
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, who do you think said:

Talent-wise, Kemba is not as good as Kyrie, and he's two years older. I don't think the "shot hungry combo guard who needs to score 20+ ppg to justify his roster spot" void really needed to be filled but whatever.

Chemistry-wise I think he will fit better than Kyrie did. 

They needed someone to replace him anyway. 

 

9 minutes ago, lordsketor said:

 

Guess this also confirms where Kyrie is headed as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Chemistry-wise I think he will fit better than Kyrie did. 

They needed someone to replace him anyway. 

 

No they don't. Last season went to hell because half the guys on the roster were fighting each other for shots. How does swapping Kyrie for Kemba Walker alleviate that? The deepest playoff run this team has had in the Brad Stevens era came when Terry Rozier was the starting point guard. Shot-happy guards who don't do anything besides score grow on trees in this league. How does blowing max money on one that's about to turn 30 make sense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, who do you think said:

 

No they don't. Last season went to hell because half the guys on the roster were fighting each other for shots. How does swapping Kyrie for Kemba Walker alleviate that? The deepest playoff run this team has had in the Brad Stevens era came when Terry Rozier was the starting point guard. Shot-happy guards who don't do anything besides score grow on trees in this league. How does blowing max money on one that's about to turn 30 make sense?

Without Kyrie, who is their starting PG? They need a guy that can reliably get 25-30pts a game. 

Rozier isn't reliable enough for that, Neither is Brown. 

Tatum is making progress but he isn't quite at that level yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AustinFomBoston said:

Without Kyrie, who is their starting PG? They need a guy that can reliably get 25-30pts a game. 

Rozier isn't reliable enough for that, Neither is Brown. 

Tatum is making progress but he isn't quite at that level yet. 

 

First of all, damn near anyone can get 25-30 points per game, provided they get enough shot opportunities. It's the NBA. Second of all, why do you consider it a priority to have a guy who can score that much on his own? Nobody in the Celtics big 3 era averaged even close to that number. The Celtics' most successful playoff run with Brad Stevens at the helm came without anyone averaging 20 a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, who do you think said:

 

First of all, damn near anyone can get 25-30 points per game, provided they get enough shot opportunities. It's the NBA. Second of all, why do you consider it a priority to have a guy who can score that much on his own? Nobody in the Celtics big 3 era averaged even close to that number. The Celtics' most successful playoff run with Brad Stevens at the helm came without anyone averaging 20 a game.

So who do you trust to carry the offense then when it needs to be done? 

Without a "Big 3" Celtics need a guy like Isiah Thomas, Kyrie, or Kemba. 

Their young guys just aren't reliable enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

So who do you trust to carry the offense then when it needs to be done? 

Without a "Big 3" Celtics need a guy like Isiah Thomas, Kyrie, or Kemba. 

Their young guys just aren't reliable enough. 

 

Why do you keep ignoring the point that the Celtics made their most successful playoff run in the past several years with Terry Rozier starting and nobody on the roster averaging 20 a game?

 

I trust this ancient, magical concept called ball movement to carry the offense. The most important thing is to have guys on the roster who can play defense and make themselves useful without the ball in their hands. None of IT, Kyrie, or Kemba fit that bill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.