buzzcut

2019 NBA Summer season

Recommended Posts

For reference, NBA has set salary cap for 2019-20 season, effective for July free agency: $109,140,000, with tax line of $132,627,000.

 

Those numbers are per Shams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess that Kyrie/KD tunnel conversation they had at last year's All-Star game has some new meaning with today's news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

When Milwaukee re-signs Giannis, their tax bill is going to be enormous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

So I guess that Kyrie/KD tunnel conversation they had at last year's All-Star game has some new meaning with today's news.

 

Maybe, but like, they also could have just had a phone call or texted, also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, should be fun to watch the race: which will happen first, KD returns or Kyrie poisons the locker room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Digby said:

 

Maybe, but like, they also could have just had a phone call or texted, also?

 

Right? The idea that these guys only communicate with each other at games when there are cameras around is hilarious.

 

JJ Redick to New Orleans! Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the Kawhi watch begins: Raptors, Lakers or Clippers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Durant to Brooklyn was something I wasn't expecting, so it came as a pretty big surprise.

 

Just a few years ago, Billy King sold Brooklyn's soul to Boston, and completely jackknifed the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wings said:

Now the Kawhi watch begins: Raptors, Lakers or Clippers? 

 

Now that KD and Kyrie aren't going to LAC, it seems like the Clippers are out. But Kawhi is clearly his own guy, so who the hell knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DG_Now said:

 

Now that KD and Kyrie aren't going to LAC, it seems like the Clippers are out. But Kawhi is clearly his own guy, so who the hell knows.

 

I'd like to see him stay in Toronto with a real shot at repeating as champions.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, who do you think said:

 

Why do you keep ignoring the point that the Celtics made their most successful playoff run in the past several years with Terry Rozier starting and nobody on the roster averaging 20 a game?

 

I trust this ancient, magical concept called ball movement to carry the offense. The most important thing is to have guys on the roster who can play defense and make themselves useful without the ball in their hands. None of IT, Kyrie, or Kemba fit that bill.

Yeah, they had a hell of a run that year, but do you really expect lightning to strike twice like that?

Just look at that game 7 against the Cavs. That's really all the proof that they need a reliable PG that can carry the offense when the other guys (Tatum, Brown) aren't producing. 

 

To your latter pint, that's why they did this sign & trade, so they could keep Horford, who still is the backbone of the defense Basically the definition of a guy who can play defense & be useful without the ball in his hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus...Ariza to the Kings for 2 years/$25M.

 

Outside of keeping him away from LAL, what are they thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Yeah, they had a hell of a run that year, but do you really expect lightning to strike twice like that?

Just look at that game 7 against the Cavs. That's really all the proof that they need a reliable PG that can carry the offense when the other guys (Tatum, Brown) aren't producing.

 

Nothing about that run was lightning. The Celtics won and advanced to within a game of the finals because they played as a team, moved the ball, took care of business on defense, and didn't chase individual success at the expense of the team's interests. You know, all that s*** you're supposed to do?

 

Game 7 isn't proof of anything. They were a very young team and they choked under the pressure. It's that simple.

 

10 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

To your latter pint, that's why they did this sign & trade, so they could keep Horford, who still is the backbone of the defense Basically the definition of a guy who can play defense & be useful without the ball in his hands. 

 

They could have kept Horford without throwing max money at another high-talent, low-impact guard who is a waste of a roster spot if his shot isn't working for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

Utah might win 60 games this season - Bojan/Conley/Gobert/Donovan + other stuff.

 That might get them a ribbon, Jell-O salad, and no WCF appearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wings said:

2021 NBA Finals: Brooklyn vs. Dallas   😋😉

 

Only if Porzingis stays out of trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, who do you think said:

Nothing about that run was lightning. The Celtics won and advanced to within a game of the finals because they played as a team, moved the ball, took care of business on defense, and didn't chase individual success at the expense of the team's interests. You know, all that s*** you're supposed to do?

  

 Game 7 isn't proof of anything. They were a very young team and they choked under the pressure. It's that simple.

Which further proves my point, They need someone like Kyrie or Kemba, that could put up points when the others choke. 

And if it wasn't Lightning in a bottle, why couldn't they replicate it again this past year?

12 minutes ago, who do you think said:

They could have kept Horford without throwing max money at another high-talent, low-impact guard who is a waste of a roster spot if his shot isn't working for him.

No they couldn't, otherwise he would have already resigned. He obviously wants more money, and this was the best way to clear up more for him. 

Plus they still get a reliable PG they need to carry the offense. Without any of the drama BS Kyrie had. 

 

You're clearly overestimating guys like Brown, Tatum, and Rozier. All the past championship teams have shown you need at least 1 or 2 big time players (like Kawhi) to make a run at a championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.