2019 NBA Summer season

buzzcut

10 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The Lakers signed LeBron, traded for AD and might end up with Kawhi. You don't really swing all that if you're inept. Especially considering how much the Lakers whiffed from the Nash/Howard "era" until LeBron signed last year.

To be fair, both those guy wanted to go to LA. Lebron for his film career & AD so he could play with Lebron. 

Not really a major accomplishment when two (possibly three) of the best players in the NBA just land on your lap. 

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m extremely disappointed, I’ve seen a lot of reports confirming Kawhi is a laker. I can’t wait for them to fail, I hate this team more than I ever hated the warriors to be honest. The warriors built their team, and won (then KD came) the Lakers literally only have 3 players on their roster, one of them were drafted by them.

The NBA really needs to step in and start preventing the accumulation of stars into the same city. Specifically the lakers. It’s kind of a problem when you can count out  8 superstars that were heavily connected to the lakers in the past 2 years. (Butler, Davis, Kyrie, Klay, Lebron, KD, Kawhi, Cousins) I’d love to see teams like New Orleans, Orlando, Washington, Atlanta, or Memphis won the title.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Toronto :censored: Raptors just won the NBA Championship. Jeeze. 

Orlando made the Finals a decade ago. New Orleans just drafted who some people say is the best generational talent since their last generational talent. Atlanta won 60 games in 2014-15. Memphis made the WCF in 2013 and were a regular playoff team for a good stretch.

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m extremely disappointed, I’ve seen a lot of reports confirming Kawhi is a laker. I can’t wait for them to fail, I hate this team more than I ever hated the warriors to be honest. The warriors built their team, and won (then KD came) the Lakers literally only have 3 players on their roster, one of them were drafted by them.

The NBA really needs to step in and start preventing the accumulation of stars into the same city. Specifically the lakers. It’s kind of a problem when you can count out  8 superstars that were heavily connected to the lakers in the past 2 years. (Butler, Davis, Kyrie, Klay, Lebron, KD, Kawhi, Cousins) I’d love to see teams like New Orleans, Orlando, Washington, Atlanta, or Memphis won the title.

That's exactly what pisses me off so much about this whole thing with Lakers, especially if they get Kawhi. 

It feels so unearned & undeserved. Unlike The Warriors that built their team & won before KD. 

Lakers are essentially having a championship team fall into their lap. 

Just now, AustinFomBoston said:

That's exactly what pisses me off so much about this whole thing with Lakers, especially if they get Kawhi. 

It feels so unearned & undeserved. Unlike The Warriors that built their team & won before KD. 

Lakers are essentially having a championship team fall into their lap. 

Your team’s last title was earned in much the same way the Lakers are putting a team together now. 

If you wanna be “GRRR Lakers” because of the Celtics/Lakers rivalry that’s fine but don’t play this “it’s not ok when it’s not the Celtics!” card. 

I know we’re retreading past arguments but you keep going there so 🤷‍♂️ 

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Your team’s last title was earned in much the same way the Lakers are putting a team together now. 

If you wanna be “GRRR Lakers” because of the Celtics/Lakers rivalry that’s fine but don’t play this “it’s not ok when it’s not the Celtics!” card. 

I know we’re retreading past arguments but you keep going there so 🤷‍♂️ 

That comparison stopped being apt when the Lakers gut everyone else on their team except like 1 guy (Kuzma). 

Celtics never did that. 

I'll admit there's similarities, but they are not the same. 

Just now, AustinFomBoston said:

That comparison stopped being apt when the Lakers gut everyone else on their team except like 1 guy (Kuzma). 

Celtics never did that. 

I'll admit there's similarities, but they are not the same. 

I mean ultimately the thing people are complaining about is another superteam right (I’m being generous and assuming it’s just not LeBron hate again)?

Well I think it’s pretty silly to complain about superteams when your team benefited from the practice. 

41 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Toronto :censored:ing Raptors just won the NBA Championship. Jeeze. 

Yeah, they weren't even really a super team either! Now I will say that non-super teams can win titles, but I'll admit it's not very common for them to do so in the NBA. I pointed out before that most teams in this league have won titles as super teams. It's something I would've assumed everybody would've acknowledged and accepted. It's just what the NBA has been historically.

I personally think it would be more refreshing if it wasn't the Lakers again, but I'm not surprised at all by it.

9 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I mean ultimately the thing people are complaining about is another superteam right (I’m being generous and assuming it’s just not LeBron hate again)?

Well I think it’s pretty silly to complain about superteams when your team benefited from the practice. 

Not just a team that benefited from the practice, but the team that set the standard for super team creation.

30 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Orlando made the Finals a decade ago. New Orleans just drafted who some people say is the best generational talent since their last generational talent. Atlanta won 60 games in 2014-15. Memphis made the WCF in 2013 and were a regular playoff team for a good stretch.

That was fun. Hopefully we can get back to that, because I can only live vicariously through former players for so long.

29 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

it's more about the "how" than just it being another Super Team. 

The Warriors spent years building their roster and ended up winning a championship, before KD even came. You can at least respect that (Durant is a different story). 

Even if I wasn't a Celtics fan, what part am I supposed to respect about The Lakers (whose front office has been completely inept) getting rewarded by having 2 of the best player in the League land right on their laps? And possibly getting another top player too? Not to mention dumping the rest of their team to the curb. 

Celtics didn't have KG & Allen just fall into to their laps "because they wanted to be there" like Lakers just had with, AD & Lebron (yeah they paid a steep price for AD, but it's clear he wanted to go no place else). Plus Celtics actually drafted Pierce. Also the "Big 3 Celtics" weren't nearly as ludicrously OP as the KD Warriors or recent Lebron-Cavs  

This Lakers team is just completely manufactured. Nothing about it feels like they earned any of this, just that they "lucked into it". 

The only good thing is that they spent so much getting these 2 (or 3) players, their depth is going to be absolute trash. 

4 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Even if I wasn't a Celtics fan,

This is sufficient reason to hate the Lakers' moves. The Celtics and Lakers are still rivals somehow. Any move that benefits one is something that the other should hate. There's no need to try and justify it beyond petty hatred, because that's what most of sports fandom is based on. You're mad about the Lakers getting better not because of some made up moral outrage, but for petty reasons and that's perfectly fine.

5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

This is sufficient reason to hate the Lakers' moves. The Celtics and Lakers are still rivals somehow. Any move that benefits one is something that the other should hate. There's no need to try and justify it beyond petty hatred, because that's what most of sports fandom is based on. You're mad about the Lakers getting better not because of some made up moral outrage, but for petty reasons and that's perfectly fine.

That's not even remotely true, but if you want to use that as an excuse, sure. 

10 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

That's not even remotely true, but if you want to believe that, sure. 

You spent a lot of time complaining about the Lakers giving up on their young talent so... you're mad that they're worse now? That seems backwards for a Celtics fan, but okay then. If anything you should be happy for the small market Pelicans.

Or maybe you're mad that the Pelicans have all this young talent you think is fantastic because you hate small markets?

You couldn't possibly be mad about the idea of a super team since the Celtics started the current trend towards those, because that would make you seem like a weird hypocrite.

It seems like you're mad because the Lakers are trying to put together the best team possible to win championships. Why would that make you mad as a fan of a team all the way in Boston? It couldn't be your hatred of the Lakers could it?

20 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

You spent a lot of time complaining about the Lakers giving up on their young talent so... you're mad that they're worse now? That seems backwards for a Celtics fan, but okay then. If anything you should be happy for the small market Pelicans.

Or maybe you're mad that the Pelicans have all this young talent you think is fantastic because you hate small markets?

You couldn't possibly be mad about the idea of a super team since the Celtics started the current trend towards those, because that would make you seem like a weird hypocrite.

It seems like you're mad because the Lakers are trying to put together the best team possible to win championships. Why would that make you mad as a fan of a team all the way in Boston? It couldn't be your hatred of the Lakers could it?

First off, "The Big 3" Celtics are nowhere near comparable to the superteams of today, they made 2/3 Finals and only won 1. And even during their run, they were vulnerable. 

Meanwhile you have the Warriors making 3/4 (Winning 3) But again, at least the 1st was with a team they built naturally (before Durant joined)

Lebron "Superteam" Heat went to 4 straight & won 2, and the Lebron Cavs went to 4 straight & won 1. 

So stop using my fandom as an excuse. 

Why is it so hard to understand the difference between building a team naturally (trading, drafting developing, like the Warriors & Raptors did) and a team basically being handed 2 (or 3) of the very top players in the league while gutting all the guys they drafted? What the Lakers are doing is basically the closest you can get to buying a championship. Or the fact that have 3 of the top 5 player in the league on the same team may be a bit unfair for the league?

If Lebron/AD/Kawhi went to say, the Clippers instead. I'd have nothing to complain about. Unlike the Lakers, they actually worked hard to build their team. And a player like AD or Lebron would be the guy to get them over the top like Kawhi was to the Raptors. 

Anything beyond "we found some guys on the street nearby to play ball" is an unnatural way of building a sports team. Maybe I just prefer a world without measles, but unnatural is fine by me.

The big three may have only won one title, but they were a team whose main stars were aging and came together specifically to win rings. They had a limited window from the get-go, just like LeBron's Lakers. I'll be rooting against the Lakers too, but to act like this is some moral affront is basically the same as being mad that lightning rods might prevent God from smiting the wicked.

19 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Anything beyond "we found some guys on the street nearby to play ball" is an unnatural way of building a sports team. Maybe I just prefer a world without measles, but unnatural is fine by me.

The big three may have only won one title, but they were a team of whose main stars were aging and came together specifically to win rings. They had a limited window from the get-go, just like LeBron's Lakers. I'll be rooting against the Lakers too, but to act like this is some moral affront is basically the same as being mad that lightning rods might prevent God from smiting the wicked.

So you see absolutely nothing wrong with 3 of the top 5 players in the entire League all being on 1 team? That's my problem. 

You want to bring the Celtics into it, yeah they were top 10 players sure. But nowhere near as absurd as the KD Warriors, Lebron Heat/Cavs or a Lebron/Kawhi/AD Lakers team could be. 

Forget the Lakers, It would be frustrating no matter what team they joined. That's why you're little hiding behind the excuse of me being a Celtics fans is pathetic and falls flat on it's face. At least make a real argument. 

23 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

So you see absolutely nothing wrong with 3 of the top 5 players in the entire League all being on 1 team? That's my problem. 

You want to bring the Celtics into it, yeah they were top 10 players sure. But nowhere near as absurd as the KD Warriors, Lebron Heat/Cavs or a Lebron/Kawhi/AD Lakers team could be. 

Morally wrong or "scummy" as you've put it in the past? No, I don't. I find it annoying as a fan, but I also hated when Hogan joined with the Outsiders to form the New World Order. If you have a solution that doesn't involve forcing players to suck it up and be unhappy just to satisfy you, I'd love to hear it.

We bring up the Celtics because you're a Celtics fan complaining about super teams despite your team starting this. LeBron left the Cavs because he couldn't get past the Celtics' super team in the playoffs. In retrospect the window was even smaller than we remember (because the passage of time is terrifying), but it felt like he was running his skull into a brick wall. He needed help and probably just followed KG's advice to get the hell out of there and win some rings.

Basically, it's like a Yankees fan complaining about another team spending too much money on players.

Archived