2019 NBA Summer season

buzzcut

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Between this, Kyrie & the AD rumors, Lakers really are just trying to buy themselves a playoff team, huh? 😄

Hmmm,  'AustinFomBoston' unhappily uses the verb "buy" with a black player when Horford is their last UFA of color of note to sign freely and looks to opt out? 

I think the window is rapidly closing for Oklahoma City and Houston.  2019-2020 has to be the year one of them goes to the NBA Finals.  That may be difficult because we all expect the Lakers to make major moves, and the Clippers, Nuggets, Trailblazers potential threats. 

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I think the window is rapidly closing for Oklahoma City and Houston.  2019-2020 has to be the year one of them goes to the NBA Finals.  That may be difficult because we all expect the Lakers to make major moves, and the Clippers, Nuggets, Trailblazers potential threats. 

That's why folks thought Michigan would immediately go after Billy Donovan as he has just one season left.

11 hours ago, GDAWG said:

OKC and Houston’s window closed this year, OKCs was maybe last year. I have zero confidence either of them will make the conference finals, unless major roster changes occur, trading Russ or CP3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I think Houston has a maximum of two more years with their current roster, although most likely the next season will be their last in true contention. However, I think they’ll try to go all-in this summer, to try and capitalize on what will be the first year of their window since 2014 with a wide-open West (and even calling 2014’s West “wide-open” is pushing it).

People are still overhyping the Lakers. Until they get someone to play with LeBron, my read is that they will once again be right on the line between in and out. I think they’ll be in this year, but it will be close.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I think Houston has a maximum of two more years with their current roster, although most likely the next season will be their last in true contention. However, I think they’ll try to go all-in this summer, to try and capitalize on what will be the first year of their window since 2014 with a wide-open West (and even calling 2014’s West “wide-open” is pushing it).

People are still overhyping the Lakers. Until they get someone to play with LeBron, my read is that they will once again be right on the line between in and out. I think they’ll be in this year, but it will be close.

Yeah, I give the Rockets one more year as long as they keep Paul and/or Capela-Gordon. But, I hope this is a sign that parity is on its way back to the league. Something we really haven’t seen since the late 70s, because it was so brief.

I’d love to see teams like the Jazz, Blazers, Bucks and other on the verge teams breakthrough soon.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On the one hand, the Pelicans just absorbed the entire Lakers rebuild. On the other, they absorbed the entire Lakers rebuild.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Looks like New Orleans is going with the old fashioned rebuild here. Zion gets to be the focal point for the franchise while the Lakers suddenly put themselves into the title hunt with the Unibrow alongside LeBron.

3 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Too bad it won’t be enough for the Lakers, this doesn’t even put them in top 3 in the west (assuming when Klay gets back)

Edit:

Denver, Houston, Golden State (w Klay) 

are all better

The Lakers are still adding. Whether that's another max guy (Kyrie, Kawhi, Kemba, Butler) or more to their bench. It's too soon to be ranking them against other teams.

Though agreed about Denver.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think that’s a perfectly fine bag to give up for the Lakers, as long as they’re cool with being an Old Team for the next 5-8 years. Seems like a win for them and for the Pelicans at the same time.

And imho for the Celtics; I’m totally content with the Celtics not nuking the core for a one-year rental.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The Lakers had three years to see what their rebuild could do. It might turn around (like the Thunder's did from 2008-09 to 11-12), but I can't blame them for moving on based on what they've seen so far.

They now have two top 5 players. I'd prefer to have those two plus one of Ingram and Zo, but here we are.

38 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Looks like New Orleans is going with the old fashioned rebuild here. Zion gets to be the focal point for the franchise while the Lakers suddenly put themselves into the title hunt with the Unibrow alongside LeBron.

They are going to need more than that if they want to beat Golden State when Klay comes back. 

Archived