2019 NBA Summer season

buzzcut

34 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The Lakers are still adding. Whether that's another max guy (Kyrie, Kawhi, Kemba, Butler) or more to their bench. It's too soon to be ranking them against other teams.

Though agreed about Denver.

I don’t think they’re getting any superstar, I don’t think they would’ve, the closest was Kawhi, but until last week I would’ve guessed he would go to the clips and show lebron up. I was even expecting Davis to end up in Boston. 

As for backup and depth, I think it’ll be similar to this last off-season. The lakers are a :censored:show in the front office right now and I don’t think anyone wants to mess with it. On top of that, the reputation that lebron isn’t a good teammate will drive away a lot of younger guys looking for minutes that have potential. 

LA will end up with a couple guys like Lance Stevenson, 30, inconsistent, and a bad player to pair up with their stars, at most, and then maybe some unknown guys that’ll get 6 min a game

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

You know, you would think teams would have learned from the Pierce/Garnett trade that mortgaging your teams future for 1 player rarely pans out.  

From the Lakers perspective, they are hoping it works out like the Kawhi trade did.

Also, when does Lavar Ball proclaim his son will be bigger in New Orleans than Drew Brees?

4 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

You know, you would think teams would have learned from the Pierce/Garnett trade that mortgaging your teams future for 1 player rarely pans out.  

Cleveland mortgaged its future and went to four straight Finals.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I don’t think they’re getting any superstar, I don’t think they would’ve, the closest was Kawhi, but until last week I would’ve guessed he would go to the clips and show lebron up. I was even expecting Davis to end up in Boston. 

As for backup and depth, I think it’ll be similar to this last off-season. The lakers are a :censored:show in the front office right now and I don’t think anyone wants to mess with it. On top of that, the reputation that lebron isn’t a good teammate will drive away a lot of younger guys looking for minutes that have potential. 

LA will end up with a couple guys like Lance Stevenson, 30, inconsistent, and a bad player to pair up with their stars, at most, and then maybe some unknown guys that’ll get 6 min a game

I don't see Kawhi leaving. 

2 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

From the Lakers perspective, they are hoping it works out like the Kawhi trade did.

Also, when does Lavar Ball proclaim his son will be bigger in New Orleans than Drew Brees?

Difference is Toronto was already a playoff team with a great supporting cast.

Plus they didn't give up their entire future (1 protected first round pick). 

Lakers weren't a playoff team, but now have AD & Lebron with absolutely no supporting cast. 

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Cleveland mortgaged its future and went to four straight Finals.

How so?

Lebron wasn't traded there, he chose to come back. 

3 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

How so?

Lebron wasn't traded there, he chose to come back. 

Cleveland traded Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett (both #1 picks) to Minnesota for Kevin Love after they already had LeBron on the team.

They also traded the majority of their picks throughout LeBron's time from 14-18 for help, leaving them with limited long-term flexibility.

They could have had Kemba Walker in 2018, but really wanted Collin Sexton instead.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Cannot understand the sentiment that the Lakers "gave up too much." Gave up what? A 6th seed? They've got maybe 2 years of decent LeBron left and they're giving themselves the best shot to actually win a title in that window. Amassing assets is really swell and all, but check Boston out to see what that really accomplishes.

The league is completely in flux next year. The Lakers may very well pick up another max-level talent and be extremely well positioned. If it weren't for DWade, LeBron would be my favorite player. It's really nice that the last chapter of his career isn't going to be a complete waste of time.

PJU85JF.png

24 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

That trade was universally derided at the time it was made. It's not really a good comparison to make in general because everybody knew it was a total mistake and was the combination of a really bad GM and a new owner looking to make a splash.

spacer.png

Just now, DG_Now said:

Cleveland traded Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett (both #1 picks) to Minnesota for Kevin Love after they already had LeBron on the team.

They also traded the majority of their picks throughout LeBron's time from 14-18 for help, leaving them with limited long-term flexibility.

They could have had Kemba Walker in 2018, but really wanted Collin Sexton instead.

I wouldn't exactly call that same. 

They actually tried building around Lebron (for once) and even when it was over, they still ended up with a lottery pick. 

What assets do the Lakers have now? Cap for maybe 1 more player? 

Kemba is staying in Charlotte (he's willing to take a pay cut)

Most signs point to Kyrie going to Brooklyn. 

Lakers have 2 top players, but  traded away what should have been the supporting cast for them. 

7 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

People are still overhyping the Lakers. Until they get someone to play with LeBron, my read is that they will once again be right on the line between in and out. I think they’ll be in this year, but it will be close.

It's only been 7 hours and this take is already outdated. Nice.

ExJworW.png

2 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I wouldn't exactly call that same. 

They actually tried building around Lebron (for once) and even when it was over, they still ended up with a lottery pick. 

What assets do the Lakers have now? Cap for maybe 1 more player? 

Kemba is staying in Charlotte (he's willing to take a pay cut)

Most signs point to Kyrie going to Brooklyn. 

Lakers have 2 top players, but  traded away what should have been the supporting cast for them. 

The Lakers have 30+ in cap space, a MLE and ability to sign vet minimums. Just like the Heatles. They'll be fine.

I'll believe Kemba is staying in Charlotte when he stays in Charlotte.

2 minutes ago, Wings said:

Jimmy Butler?

Or Kawhi. Or Kyrie. Or some portion of Redick/Rubio/Tobias Harris/Brook Lopez.

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

So Lakers really are selling out their future trying to buy a championship? 😄

Terrible deal for The Lakers

Great deal for NOLA.  

The Lakers didn't have a future beyond LeSenile. I don't know if I'd call it a terrible deal, they traded a bunch of flotsam for the next Chris Bosh/Kevin Love, but I don't think the results are going to be anywhere near what Lolker fans are predicting.

Archived