buzzcut

2019 NBA Summer season

"We're using basketball to spread democracy" is such a 1950s thought. Those simple times before there was money in globalized leagues. Or money in communist dictatorships, for that matter.

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

Steve Kerr, who has been quick to share his thoughts on everything under the sun, needs more time to learn about China before he can speak. Okay, we'll get back to you.

I'd much rather he just be honest and say "this whole thing is a mess and I'm sure as hell not getting involved in it". Perfectly defensible opinion to have!

I'd kill to see the strongly-worded backchannel memo that the league must have sent everyone.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I'd much rather he just be honest and say "this whole thing is a mess and I'm sure as hell not getting involved in it". Perfectly defensible opinion to have!

I'd kill to see the strongly-worded backchannel memo that the league must have sent everyone.

Deadspin apparently has ESPN's memo, but as far as I can see, didn't share it: https://deadspin.com/internal-memo-espn-forbids-discussion-of-chinese-polit-1838881032

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Or he could have said, "I don't want the NBA to make Steph Curry apologize for me tomorrow".