2019 NBA Summer season

buzzcut

12 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I'm not the one resorting to petty, condensing insults here. 

If you don't have an actual argument to make, then just stop.

No one here is insulting you, just your argument. If you took the counter arguments as a personal affront, that’s on you. 

As I said earlier, it’s not that serious man. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Alvin Gentry is dead man walking. Demps extended him to 2020-21 in June 2018.

Thats a shame. I like Gentry. I’ve met him before and he’s a very kind man. I would love to see him have a lot of success as a coach, especially with a good young roster. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This is some hill you’ve chosen to die on, my goodness. I’m done with this though. It’s like talking to a wall. 

On topic, the Pelicans are about to the most entertaining team in the league once they pick Zion. So many dunks. 

I've been reading a lot of excitement for the new Pelicans core from a lot of the same people who said how much the 2016-18 Lakers core sucked. It's really weird to watch.

I've always believed in the potential of Ingram, Lonzo and D-Lo, but it's interesting how many more people like those guys after they've left LA.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

54 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Let's not leave out lifelong Celtics, Robert Parish, Dennis Johnson, and Bill Walton. Back in '79 when the Celtics drafted those three, we all knew that if we gave it time, they'd end up being a big part of leading the Celtics to a title in 1986. And you know what? They were.

Exactly history book are you referencing?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Thats a shame. I like Gentry. I’ve met him before and he’s a very kind man. I would love to see him have a lot of success as a coach, especially with a good young roster. 

David Griffin will likely hire "his guy" and while he and Gentry worked together in PHX, who knows if Griffin will keep him

28 minutes ago, kimball said:
1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Let's not leave out lifelong Celtics, Robert Parish, Dennis Johnson, and Bill Walton. Back in '79 when the Celtics drafted those three, we all knew that if we gave it time, they'd end up being a big part of leading the Celtics to a title in 1986. And you know what? They were.

Exactly history book are you referencing?

1530221317435.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

You have one of the best players ever, and he will turn 35 before the end of the year. Obviously, patience is the proper plan instead of loading up for a run. 🤔

• Gary featured and unfeatured this topic
4 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

You have one of the best players ever, and he will turn 35 before the end of the year. Obviously, patience is the proper plan instead of loading up for a run. 🤔

Also, they tried that. BI got hurt. Lonzo got hurt. Hart kind of regressed. Both for the multiple times in multiple seasons. The Baby Lakers (now Toddler Pelicans) have a ton of potential, but you can't pair potential with LeBron.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, AustinFomBoston said:

Petty, condescending insults /=/ negative feedback. 

I didn’t provide either. I said your view of things here is grounded in a way of looking at sports common in terms and people in their early 20s.

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I didn’t provide either. I said your view of things here is grounded in a way of looking at sports common in terms and people in their early 20s.

In the most arrogant, condescending way possible. 

It's really unbecoming, especially for a mod. 

3 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

In the most arrogant, condescending way possible. 

It's really unbecoming, especially for a mod. 

Oh cry me a river. You’ve made a spectacle of yourself in this thread going on about how you think teams should do things a certain way. 

No one, mod or otherwise, is out of line to point out what the behaviour is.  

This is the problem with our current media system and a lot of the people engaged in it. As a result of examples set by people who should know better, the youth of this country (or at least from Boston) are being conditioned to believe that disagreement = insult. Some minds simply can't understand nuance in argument, so they immediately connect differing viewpoints to being an insult instead. Of course, some people who do that for a living know they're playing a game. Some people who do that IRL (and on sports logo boards) don't recognize that being dilatory isn't any fun for anyone else.

At a certain point, if you don't have anything new or different to say, perhaps stop?

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Oh cry me a river. You’ve made a spectacle of yourself in this thread going on about how you think teams should do things a certain way. 

No one, mod or otherwise, is out of line to point out what the behaviour is.  

Yeah, how dare I do what literally everyone else has done and poke fun at the Lakers for throwing away a young core so they can chase a bunch of flashy big name players. 🙄

Like I said, this is the only place where I've seen people so vehemently defend The Lakers for some reason. 

Everywhere else I've seen, (Twitter, Reddit, other Sports boards) has people laughing at them. 

Even UrinatingTree (which I see people like to share his video a lot) made a video on the Lakes that ended with him Lambasting them for wanting to blow up their core for a bunch of top players. 

16 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

the youth of this country (or at least from Boston) are being conditioned to believe that disagreement = insult.

I agree that many people are being conditioned to believe that "disagreement = insult" but it's not confined to youth or Boston for that matter. It's why friendly and honest political discussion of opposing sides doesn't and cannot exist anymore.

Anyway, I am in no way a basketball fan, but if A.) "buying" championships is the way to win an NBA championship (which, IMO, was pretty much started by the Boston Celtics in 2008, don't try to tell me otherwise) and B.) the Pelicans actually got something for their superstar (unlike, say, the Miami Marlins getting rid of Giancarlo Stanton and Christian Yelich for a couple of bags of peanuts and some tubesocks), then what is the problem? I feel like AFB is in his own one-man boat right now trying to defend a rather extraordinary point of view. 

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived