Possibly the ugliest color combination ever

PackerBadger

NFL.com columnist Gregg Easterbrook likes to call the New Orleans Saints the ?Scouts,? because of the Saints? fleur de lis logo, which is the same design as the logo of the Boy Scouts of America. That got me to thinking (which is always dangerous) -- the Scouts' colors are not black and gold, but olive drab and red (at least they were when I was a Scout in the late '70s). So what would a Scout football team look like? Something like New Orleans "Scouts".

Packers-2.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think someone would seriously suggest combining olive green and red in a football uniform? Well, I did, yes, but not seriously. The Leadership Corps alternate (forest green jersey) is only a slight improvement, though arguably reminiscent of the late 1970s Milwaukee Bucks (forest, kelly and lime green plus red).

Packers-2.png

Well, the only combination that seems potentially worse than this one is the World Football League's Southern California Sun. The logo was magenta and orange; I can't find a picture of the uniform (perhaps the Internet ate them all in a fit of good taste).

Packers-2.png

Well, the only combination that seems potentially worse than this one is the World Football League's Southern California Sun. The logo was magenta and orange; I can't find a picture of the uniform (perhaps the Internet ate them all in a fit of good taste).

World Football League Photo Gallery (Pop-up Warning)

picture04.jpg

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

awful color combo. lets not give nfl designers or any other pro sports designers any ideas, I don't want to see those colors like that on any pro sports jerseys.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Like which? My "Scouts" design or the Southern California Sun?

Wait, I'll answer: Yes.

There are some unusual color schemes in sports (Virginia Tech's dark red and orange, the Bucks' current purple and green, the Phoenix Suns' old purple and red), but magenta and orange deserves its own circle of Hell.

Packers-2.png

Well, I just got my Eagle a couple years ago, and yeah, they are pretty bad, but what's worse is that you need to throw gold and khaki into the mix, because of the insignia and the shirt. Oh, and then you throw red, white and blue for Eagle, and purple for the World Brotherhood of Scouting...then you can officially come up with the New Orleans Scouts.

VmWIn6B.png

those colors don't work for the minnesota wild, or the stars mooterus jerseys...

when will people learn that red and green are 2 colors that shouldn't be anywhere near each other until christmas time.

Archived