Kevin Millar with the most relatable bit ever, throws mild shade at New Era

2 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Probably where the caps were manufactured. China vs USA.

Also those were last year's ST caps and those had little to no stretch to them 

I hear ya, but I have maybe 15-20 New Era MLB caps, seemingly divided equally between  USA and overseas NE factories. All are standard regular season (no BP or special day caps). They’re all plagued with sizing issues, some more serious than others. 

30 minutes ago, BelfourThibault said:

I hear ya, but I have maybe 15-20 New Era MLB caps, seemingly divided equally between  USA and overseas NE factories. All are standard regular season (no BP or special day caps). They’re all plagued with sizing issues, some more serious than others. 

I own about forty of these (standard regular season) all 7 1/4 and they're all incredibly different. I have bought every single one in store trying several before settling on the right one. You can't take a chance online at all, sizing is always a gamble, at least 25% are off center and stitching issues are also pretty common. My hat stretcher has been an incredible investment so far...

43 minutes ago, BelfourThibault said:

It's always been that way.  I've been collecting since the early 90's and even back then it was widely known you had to try on several different caps in the same size to find one that fits.  At this point, I have close to 200 5950's all MLB on fields.  Doesn't matter where they came from Derby, China, Bangladesh... New Era has absolutely zero sizing consistency and zero quality control.  Been that way for 30 years now and will probably always be that way,

16 hours ago, El Scorcho said:

Certainly buying a fitted New Era cap online is a crapshoot.

If i'm buying one in store i'll usually try on every one of the 7-3/8s they have on the shelf to see which one fits best.

Yeah I stopped buying fitteds online after a while of getting three or four bad fits in a row, usually a bit too big but I did get one that was quite tight too. It’s amazing how much a 7 1/8 can vary!

I’ve pretty much switched to ‘47 clean ups now, both just because my personal style/preference has switched to that look anyways but I was also just tired of all the variance and hit or miss that came with 5950’s. I’d much rather get something adjustable to cut out the hassle.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Exactly the reason I usually only buy 3930s now...and even for the stretch fits I always try on a bunch before buying.  Even though I can always get the same size, some fit tighter than others.  Anyone know if the Nike fitted baseball hats have sizing issues as well?

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah I stopped buying fitteds online after a while of getting three or four bad fits in a row, usually a bit too big but I did get one that was quite tight too. It’s amazing how much a 7 1/8 can vary!

I’ve pretty much switched to ‘47 clean ups now, both just because my personal style/preference has switched to that look anyways but I was also just tired of all the variance and hit or miss that came with 5950’s. I’d much rather get something adjustable to cut out the hassle.

As a former fitted collector/addict, yeah, this is where I stand now. 47 Brand is where it's at, even the fitteds (at least the ones I have).

(47 makes some darn-comfortable t-shirts, too...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think my most common size is 7 3/8 but I also have some 7 1/2 or 7 1/4 too. Online is really a gamble, but sometimes it's one I can't find in store or I just don't feel like taking a ride to the mall.

Mu older ones from the mid 2000s some are even 5/8 or 3/4.

Just got a low profile Devil Rays July 4th hat and ordered a 7 3/8. Hopefully it fits right.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:53 PM, tp49 said:

It's always been that way.  I've been collecting since the early 90's and even back then it was widely known you had to try on several different caps in the same size to find one that fits.  At this point, I have close to 200 5950's all MLB on fields.  Doesn't matter where they came from Derby, China, Bangladesh... New Era has absolutely zero sizing consistency and zero quality control.  Been that way for 30 years now and will probably always be that way,

This is why when I ordered an UA Flexfit hat. I went with M/L instead of L/XL. I'd rather they be a little tighter than way too loose. 

22 hours ago, Buc said:

As a former fitted collector/addict, yeah, this is where I stand now. 47 Brand is where it's at, even the fitteds (at least the ones I have).

(47 makes some darn-comfortable t-shirts, too...)

They tend to fit the best. I still like the fit of a properly fitted new Era cap, but 47's are less of a craps shoot. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

When I get a fresh new fitted hat, I put it on my knee with the bill towards me, and pull on it. When you hear a little snap or two it'll be loosened up. I was told there are two threads in the band, right were the side panels meet. Works for me. They're all inconsistently sized but they all fit after I pop em.

Archived