Sign in to follow this  
Digby

2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

2015 was the first with 24

Was it?  Damn, I don't know why I was thinking 2019 was, but now that I think about it, you're clearly right.

Maybe it was noticed more this time because of more teams having raised their game, leading to things like the USA/France quarterfinal.

13 minutes ago, Mockba said:

Was it?  Damn, I don't know why I was thinking 2019 was, but now that I think about it, you're clearly right.

Maybe it was noticed more this time because of more teams having raised their game, leading to things like the USA/France quarterfinal.

It was also covered up by the baloney about requiring field turf for all of the games. That's the biggest thing I remember from that tournament other than the US beating Germany and Carli Lloyd going off against Japan.

I just bought tickets to the philly stop on the “victory tour” — fewer tickets left than I would have expected!

13 hours ago, dfwabel said:

USA/Ireland match at the Rose Bowl drew 37,040

I'm guessing that's not bad for a game against a lower ranked team. What were ticket prices like? Trying to sell $75-$100 tickets for a team you except the USA to dispatch easily would probably keep the crowds lower than if it were a rematch with France or Sweden.