JB Designs

2019 Women's World Cup (of Hockey)

The Women's World Cup kicked off yesterday with France downing South Korea in convincing fashion. This year's competition is full of some great looks from France's polka dots to Nigeria's zig-zag beauty that has returned from the men's competition last year. 

I'm always a very casual soccer fan until the World Cup comes around and then I dive in full force, so I figured I'd mesh my typical hockey design with my summer passion and see what came of it. Presenting The 2019 Women's World Cup (of Hockey)!

We kick things off Group A, beginning with host nation France.

FRANCE

spacer.png

Looking forward to this whole series, I love soccer/hockey crossovers!

Great job on France, nothing bad to say.

The Second Team in Group A and France's opponent in their 3-0 victory in the World Cup opener...

KOREA REPUBLIC

spacer.png

Beautiful work! I love the Korea away striping!

Wait..... an African ice hockey team????? Wow it do show alot of growth to this sport right now!

This is great work - especially love the Norwegian sweater. Looking forward to the rest of this series!

Really enjoying this series. Very hard to find anything to complain about... the only quibble would be the ability to read the numbers on the Nigeria primary. Maybe the chevrons could be light green and keep the numbers dark green?

Norway is especially nice. That primary uniform is amazing.

Ditto for Norway as the leader of the pack so far. Both are nice, but the primary is really nice execution to keep from looking gimmicky.