New Logos, Uniforms for Golden State Warriors in 2020

j'villejags

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the uneven blue circle suppose to convey a 3-D effect or something? That puzzled me.

I didn't even think about them tweaking their look with the relocation, but I definitely should have expected it.

Unless they keep the rarely-used “SF” Logo, this will break the “Every Team Must Have A Basketball Logo” rule. Hopefully this is a sign that the rule is over. And since it wasn’t found in the patents, they either will be breaking the rule, or keep this logo unchanged and not use it, like they currently do.spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

30 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Unless they keep the rarely-used “SF” Logo, this will break the “Every Team Must Have A Basketball Logo” rule. Hopefully this is a sign that the rule is over. And since it wasn’t found in the patents, they either will be breaking the rule, or keep this logo unchanged and not use it, like they currently do.

If you look closely on "The Bay" logo, you can notice basketball on it, so I think this rule isn't over (Rockets new logo also proved that).

New logo looks great, Bridge is updated, copperplate is gone. IMO it is an upgrade.

4r2eer.png

13 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Unless they keep the rarely-used “SF” Logo, this will break the “Every Team Must Have A Basketball Logo” rule. Hopefully this is a sign that the rule is over. And since it wasn’t found in the patents, they either will be breaking the rule, or keep this logo unchanged and not use it, like they currently do.

The Bay logo has a vague ball design at the bottom, but I'm not sure if that would be enough to meet the requirement. 

B6H2k8C.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1 minute ago, pepis21 said:

If you look closely on "The Bay" logo, you can notice basketball on it, so I think this rule isn't over (Rockets new logo also proved that).

Yeah, just noticed that after posting. But still, that rule must end NBA...

da0Lbhs.png

33 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I had the impression they would go back to being the San Francisco Warriors with the move back to SF. 

Originally even though they wouldn't admit it. That was the plan. Then they won so much. That they built too much of a brand and equity off of the Golden State name, They said they really can't change it now.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

16 minutes ago, The Golden One said:

Do they still have an alternate with basketball lines filling the empty space on the bridge logo where the number usually is? Since that had become their default primary logo.and used everywhere.

So is there an update to this?...

5gzur7f6x09cv61jt16smhopl.gif

No. The new Bridge-By-Itself Logo is Line-Free

da0Lbhs.png

Huge improvement in my mind. Since Golden State is nationally televised year round, it's given us all plenty of exposure to the flaws of the logo day after day. Getting rid of Copperplate is a no brainer, but the now "old" logo just needed the lines thickened up and the negative spacing widened, which these updates take care of.

1) The bottom left corner where the bridge meets the circle: Before it had this small blue spec (or yellow depending on blue or yellow version) that just bugged me since it was sloppy work, but now that area has been enlarged and is no longer a minute spec.

2) The bridge cables were as thin as strands of hair in some areas, and there were too many of them.  Less detail = better. Thicker lines = better.

3) The horizontal "slash" that runs along the street has also been thickened. Before it was so narrow that it barely showed when reproduced.

4) The two vertical bridge support beams were too close together and the negative space between them was too thin. That's been widened.

The only issue that wasn't fixed completely was the way the top right of the W still dips below the top left of the A, and they still don't align along the same bottom circular path, but now that the W lost its right serif, it's not quite as noticeable as on the Copperplate font version. I guess that's just the nature of having a wide letter, like W, attempting to run along an arched path without manually manipulating the letter.

This is a great example of why proper negative spacing is so important.

13 hours ago, alecgoff said:

Just a quick mock up of the new warriors uniforms. 

warriors-mock-up-final.jpg

I really hope they do more than just add the new logo and fonts on. Maybe an unpopular opinion (I’m actually not sure if it is or not), but I’ve always felt the uniforms were not great and need quite a bit of work. I’ve never liked the side panels on the jersey, as in my opinion they really clutter things with the crest already being so dominant, and the cable design on the shorts has always looked a bit forced and corny to me. Just too much going on when there really doesn’t need to be. They ought to look at something like the ‘75 set for inspiration in terms of uniform layout and structure, it does the job a whole lot better and cleaner than the currents have. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived