j'villejags

New Logos, Uniforms for Golden State Warriors in 2020

Recommended Posts

Not a fan of "The Town" returning, and while the Warriors should always have a yellow alt, this was not the way to do it. I really dislike that "Bay" logo, and I'd rather just have the yellow version of the primary. Nice to see "The City" is returning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Not a fan of "The Town" returning, and while the Warriors should always have a yellow alt, this was not the way to do it. I really dislike that "Bay" logo, and I'd rather just have the yellow version of the primary. Nice to see "The City" is returning.

 

I've see a lot of this and I'm wondering, why is that? Are people not understanding what that logo is trying to depict? It's, literally, the Golden Gate. It's what gives the area it's name and made possible all of the famous landmarks around the area. It's not really possible to get more San Francisco/Bay Area than that.

 

I, for one, LOVE the new logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

I've see a lot of this and I'm wondering, why is that? Are people not understanding what that logo is trying to depict? It's, literally, the Golden Gate. It's what gives the area it's name and made possible all of the famous landmarks around the area. It's not really possible to get more San Francisco/Bay Area than that.

 

I, for one, LOVE the new logo. 

For me it's a matter of execution, rather than idea. The idea of having a "Bay Area" logo is great, but for me, the almost vaporwave/outrun style waves doesn't fit with the rest of the identity (neither does that awful beveled W), and the connection of the circle and A looks just bad. Maybe if they had curved it like with "The City" logo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know why that "The Town" jersey has the blue collar and trim on the shorts." It looks too dark, if it were all forest green with white trim, it'd look solid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like "the Bay" better than "the Town" and "the City" (the latter of which I know has historic significance).  That said, now three of their four uniforms are gimmicky  and they don't even have a white uniform?  I guess with yellow as one of their colors they can get away with that, but do they have any history (like the Lakers) of not wearing white?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bcon_731 said:

I dont know why that "The Town" jersey has the blue collar and trim on the shorts." It looks too dark, if it were all forest green with white trim, it'd look solid. 

Forest Green? It is Black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can a mod merge this into the main GSW Thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, truepg said:

So they kept the same uniform template. Quite a letdown.

The Primary Uniform itself is still good. The only thing I don't like is the collar. Why do you think of it as a letdown? After the Dynasty Run, big changes were not to be expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

The Primary Uniform itself is still good. The only thing I don't like is the collar. Why do you think of it as a letdown? After the Dynasty Run, big changes were not to be expected.

 

I didn't think the uniform design was good, with the two white stripes on the sides and the cable wire element on the shorts and all. It's complicated and forced for unnecessary reasons. I expected a cleaned up and a rationalized design with the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Town" is gonna be their Statement or City? Weird, they moved out from Oakland, but kept uniform which is a nod to Oakland. For me they should kept that untouched with serif numbers and nob or get rid at all.

I like "The Bay", finally a good yellow jersey for Dubs. Looking at numbers position I assume NOB will be under them.

Icon looks nice and clean without two tone numbers, but I guess I might miss that feature very soon. New font makes a big difference on plus.

Classic has no waves under the bridge. Nike need to fix that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Forest Green? It is Black.

I meant at as something I'd preferred to see, instead of being a wink wink to the oakland, it would be on the nose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, truepg said:

So they kept the same uniform template. Quite a relief, it’s a gorgeous template that’s unique to the warriors and works really well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 12:27 PM, Bucfan56 said:

 

I've see a lot of this and I'm wondering, why is that? Are people not understanding what that logo is trying to depict? It's, literally, the Golden Gate. It's what gives the area it's name and made possible all of the famous landmarks around the area. It's not really possible to get more San Francisco/Bay Area than that.

 

I, for one, LOVE the new logo. 

The Bay logo may be my all-time favourite Warriors logo. Drop "The Bay" script and work in "Golden State Warriors" somehow and boom. My ideal Warriors primary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More views of the Icon uniform here:

 

 

You can kinda catch the number font for some of the numbers if you screenshot it (which i don't have time to do)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how much stick GSW gets for leaning too much into Lakers territory with the yellow, I am surprised and let down that they're using the sans-serif name plate typeface now. Also that typeface sucks anyway! I'm tired of it. Everyone who uses it needs to dump it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one think it's pretty odd that they made a logo of the Golden Gate and left out the bridge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, radchad said:

I for one think it's pretty odd that they made a logo of the Golden Gate and left out the bridge

 

Looks to me like the view from the bridge itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golden State Warriors Unveil Six New Uniforms for 2019-20

September 17, 2019 - 19:10 PM

We’ve all been there, something disappointing happens and we try to turn that around by adding a few new jerseys to our collection. The Golden State Warriors, just a couple of months removed from their failed attempt at completing the […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.