Folgers new logo/packaging

BadSeed84

31 minutes ago, slapshot said:

Smaller can, fewer cups, probably same price.

Yep and thats the "larger" one that people think is a value.

The regular 11.3 oz is apparently staying the same size (makes 90 cups)

But it is annoying how almost everything food wise is shrinking, wish we could stop it.

Overall looks wise, I really like it, Folgers is a great example of how to evolve your brands look.

The new wordmark drastically reduces unnecessary shadowing.  And the letterforms are more traditional: I like the straightness of the L; and shape of the G is a huge improvement.

In honour of this new logo, I submit this Folgers commercial starring my all-time favourite artist.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

15 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Yep and thats the "larger" one that people think is a value.

The regular 11.3 oz is apparently staying the same size (makes 90 cups)

But it is annoying how almost everything food wise is shrinking, wish we could stop it.

That's called "inflation."

It's been well-established that consumers typically respond better to a reduction in the size/amount of a product (while keeping price the same) versus keeping the same amount and raising prices accordingly.

From 1921 to 1968, the cost of a standard Hershey bar was 5 cents. Inflation obviously occurred between 1921 and 1968, but what changed? The size of the bar. In 1921, the bar was 1 oz. It actually increased to 1 3/8 oz. in 1924, and then to 2 oz. in 1930 (a "value for your money" tactic during the Depression, maybe?). Things fluctuated for a while, with the bar having a weight of somewhere between 1 7/8 oz. and 1 1/4 oz. during the 1930s-1940s. From 1947-1966, the bar jumped back and forth between 1 oz. and 7/8 oz. In 1968, it decreased to 3/4 oz... and then, finally, the price had to change instead of the size, with a 1.5 oz. bar introduced in 1969 for 10 cents.

Of course, since then, it's been a stairstep of "increase price" or "decrease size."

Oh, and the new Folgers packaging is solid. Much less busy. Thumbs up.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived