Air Force One Concepts

charger77

I will say that it does make more sense for the flagship of the nation to have the nation's actual colors instead of having random light blue like '80s road baseball uniforms.  Let's just be glad that it's still tasteful and doesn't have gradient bald eagles all over the thing.

VmWIn6B.png

On 6/13/2019 at 10:29 AM, LMU said:

I will say that it does make more sense for the flagship of the nation to have the nation's actual colors instead of having random light blue like '80s road baseball uniforms.  Let's just be glad that it's still tasteful and doesn't have gradient bald eagles all over the thing.

I just read in an article that it was Kennedy's decision to make it that color which is why they want to hold on to it. Or rather have not changed it

On 6/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, VDizzle12 said:

Basically just an inverted version of his plane? 

I like the current design better. This looks like something a commercial airline would have used in the 90s. The light blue is iconic and can be easily recognized. 

Or British Airways livery from 1984-1997 as Lucky from One Mile At A Time points out.

British-Airways-Landor-747-7.jpg

rGj5yR3.jpg

For reference, this was the previous livery.

nu3Ivxw.jpg

Or his former airline's livery:

DW7Y5vl.jpg

I like the design.  It's more sleek, but still traditional looking.

Of course all the Never-Trumps are criticizing it because it's similar to his personal airplane livery inverted, or the White-Red-Blue looks like the Russian flag.  But talking purely design, it's a major upgrade.  

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

53 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

I like the design.  It's more sleek, but still traditional looking.

Of course all the Never-Trumps are criticizing it because it's similar to his personal airplane livery inverted, or the White-Red-Blue looks like the Russian flag.  But talking purely design, it's a major upgrade.  

I couldn't agree more;

Now I have to ask the question: why isn't the fleet getting update to 787s?

Is it a size requirement that this has to be the inefficient and outdated 747?

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

2 hours ago, Bowski said:

I couldn't agree more;

Now I have to ask the question: why isn't the fleet getting update to 787s?

Is it a size requirement that this has to be the inefficient and outdated 747?

Even with an ETOPS 777 doesn't meet Air Force main requirements: four engines and seating for 70. There's a safety advantage in using a 748i as well as the two additional engines are needed to power all the equipment on board.

It's okay, I guess. I like the colors more, but the blue still feels too dark, and I think the current over-the-nose paint job looks great. Maybe a recoloring of that would be better?

Also, at the risk of being called an SJW libtard cuck, I think it does look a bit too much like Trump's personal planes. Given that kind of history, I think it's best for the president to try to keep their personal stuff and their political stuff separate. Not that the proposed design is bad, but just that any kind of personal connection can come across ass too unprofessional, or even a conflict of interest.

23 hours ago, charger77 said:

President Trump has shown some mock-ups of the potential new paint job for Air Force One.

trump_af1_embed_hpEmbed_16x9_608.jpg

I'm surprised that each president coming in hasn't considered coming up with their own specific livery. It may just be me, but as much time as they spend coming up with election logos I'm surprised they wouldn't consider new paint jobs. Granted, the cost of that paint is probably why they keep the same designs.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It is surprisingly tasteful.  I expected it to look like as if a Toby Keith concert poster had a lovechild with a Dale Earnhardt Jr. car at Daytona.    Clearly he did not design it himself.  Let's give him credit, it is a fine looking plane. He will never fly in it, but it is a nice looking plane. 

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm surprised that each president coming in hasn't considered coming up with their own specific livery. It may just be me, but as much time as they spend coming up with election logos I'm surprised they wouldn't consider new paint jobs. Granted, the cost of that paint is probably why they keep the same designs.

It is better that the plane represent the office, not the individual.  You get too close to campaign finance laws vs. government tax money. 

On 6/14/2019 at 9:03 AM, MJWalker45 said:

They used to.  In fact they each used to name the plane for their terms.  Truman's was "Independence", Eisenhower named it "Columbine". Kennedy just never bothered to name it so it became "Air Force One".  Nixon tried to rename it "Spirit of 76" but that never took.

But they also used to have different paint schemes for the plane:

9b89458465bcbb992dc65fd1ec6b5e9f?AccessK

1458921448-fullsizerender.jpg

On the surface, it's a good, albeit generic, livery. It'll get confused at a distance with a thousand airlines out there - Delta, British, US Airways, etc. Nothing distinctive about it, though nothing bad about it either.

But I can't be the only one who thinks Air Force One is an absolute design classic. A perfect slice of 1960s Americana that holds up extraordinarily well today. Much like Dodger Stadium, which features some similar colors.

spacer.png

It's recognizable the world over, and very unique. I'd imagine whoever Trump's successor is - should that person be a Democrat - will wind up changing it back to this color scheme to get away from what'll inevitably be known as the "Trump livery."

Archived