Teams that don’t wear a color that’s on their logo?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot believe that the first example was not the Yankees and the red found in the bat-and-hat logo.

When I was a kid, I had a white shirt that had the Yankee bat-and-hat logo on the front and red raglan sleeves.  I remember the day that I got the shirt, which would have been in 1973 or 1974. The store had Yankee shirts with the numbers 15 and 1 (I got one with number 15), and Met shirts with the numbers 3 and 41 (my brother got one with number 3). The Yankee shirts had red sleeves and the Met shirts had blue sleeves. I don't think I have seen a red-based Yankee item since then.  (I am not referring to fashion hats, which come in all colours, but to items that use red as a team colour.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Technically the Steelers have red & blue in their logo, which is not used elsewhere.

Yankees have bright blue and red in their official logo, but not on their uniforms.

KC Chiefs have a good amount of black in their logo which is not used elsewhere.

A Bundesliga club which was relegated this year, Hannover 96, feature a bright green and black badge, but predominantly wear red at home.

Swedish soccer team AIK Stockholm has a navy blue and metallic gold badge, but wear bright yellow and black.

German soccer's Hamburg(er) SV have a blue and black badge, but predominantly are known for their white shirts and red shorts.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

4 hours ago, johnnysama said:

The Tennessee Titans have red stars on their logo, but it doesn't appear on their uniforms, aside from the maker's mark.

I think that now disqualifies them, since Nike clearly intended to have its mark incorporated as a design element. 

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I cannot believe that the first example was not the Yankees and the red found in the bat-and-hat logo.

The Yankees have in the past experimented with red as an accent color on some uniform elements:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I actually miss that last one; Gray is a weak substitute, and even less a team color than red is.

The odd color out for the Yankees is royal blue. 

spacer.png

And before that, light blue. 

spacer.png

They've never incorporated either shade into uniforms.  

Archived