Teams that don’t wear a color that’s on their logo?

36 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Dolphins dark aqua

Vikings black

Jaguars gold(s)

Ravens red

49ers black

Vikings have a black face mask, that has to count.  

I hadn't realized that the Dolphins eliminated the darker blue stripes from their helmets when they removed it from the jersey numbers. Good for them. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, johnnysama said:

The Tennessee Titans have red stars on their logo, but it doesn't appear on their uniforms, aside from the maker's mark.

They have red stars inside the back collar, too (though I know that’s stretching it).

Even though the pirates use the P as the main logo now, the sleeve patch pirate has a red bandanna on *runs away before someone posts that early 2000s red vest*

KISSwall09.jpg

There are obviously multiple examples of this, but it generally doesn't bother me all that much.

In particular, I think it is excusable when the logo color is part of a piece of equipment or the depiction of an animal (e.g., St. Louis Cardinals beak and bat, Celtics brown basketball).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Australia’s not the only one; other countries nave national colors or sporting colors that don’t appear on their flags. 

Netherlands:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Italy:

spacer.pngspacer.png

New Zealand:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Plus the US FWWC 2015 edition ... 3 cheers for the Volt, White, and Black!

RTX1J57P-1024x680.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

There are dozens of examples of this in the college ranks, and I won't even list ones that use black or gray outlines in the logo. Among those at the FBS level: Bowling Green (light brown), Georgia Southern (gold), Georgia Tech (black), Kansas (yellow), Kent State (brown), Louisiana-Lafayette (yellow), Memphis (orange), New Mexico State (gray), Ohio (brown), Stanford (green), UAB (red), UNLV (skintone) and UTEP (gray).

19 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

There are dozens of examples of this in the college ranks, and I won't even list ones that use black or gray outlines in the logo. Among those at the FBS level: Bowling Green (light brown), Georgia Southern (gold), Georgia Tech (black), Kansas (yellow), Kent State (brown), Louisiana-Lafayette (yellow), Memphis (orange), New Mexico State (gray), Ohio (brown), Stanford (green), UAB (red), UNLV (skintone) and UTEP (gray).

I should add skintone to my list of excusable instances (e.g., Celtics leprechaun).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Australia’s not the only one; other countries nave national colors or sporting colors that don’t appear on their flags. 

Netherlands:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Italy:

spacer.pngspacer.png

New Zealand:

spacer.pngspacer.png

The other prominent one besides Australia, Netherlands, Italy, and New Zealand is Japan:

320px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png

team-japan-world-cup-today-180704-main-a

N6FAXNZ5LFCLHL5PUDKKN46COQ.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

7 hours ago, jonny24 said:

They did use red as a drop shadow on the late 2000s yellow jersey:

spacer.png

I acknowledge that.  I was thinking about the present when it was mentioned.

They also used to wear some red striping in their yellow pants many years ago:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

I acknowledge that.  I was thinking about the present when it was mentioned.

They also used to wear some red striping in their yellow pants many years ago:

spacer.png

Can that uniform get anything else on it? manufacturer: “we can do numbers, tv numbers, sleeve stripes, sleeve logo, contrasting colors on collar, 2 patches, piping, nameplates, and a name above the front numbers. What do you want?” team: yes

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived