pelicanfan

Teams that don’t wear a color that’s on their logo?

28 minutes ago, McGlinchey23 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Eagles logo had yellow

Not to be that guy but the logo is found on the sleeve, therefore yellow on the uniform

31 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Not to be that guy but the logo is found on the sleeve, therefore yellow on the uniform

And the Steelers logo is on their helmet, and the Blackhawks logo is on their jersey. Mighty Ducks, etc.

Kansas City Chiefs had black on the logo.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

Kansas City Chiefs had black on the logo.

spacer.png

And famously, no gold. 

While the Thunder do use a yellow trim stripe on their association and icon jerseys, they are seen virtually nowhere else, and as an OKC fan i can say, yellow is certainly NOT part of our identity.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:33 PM, WSU151 said:

This might be the most obscure...

i40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.png

Somewhere out there there's probably a game-worn Clint Malarchuk jersey with plenty of that color on it...

Does this count?

Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters have red on their logo,But it's never used on the uniforms.

Nipponhamfighterslogo.PNG

sp-fighters-b-20161017-870x606.jpg

sb20130125n1a-e1359043855660.jpg

Also, Hanshin Tigers had red on their logo.

Hanshintigerslogo.png

I object to people posting pictures of the Nippon Ham Fighters because they clarify or altogether obviate the ambiguity of whether they are fighting against ham or on behalf of it. I choose to embrace the mystery.

On 7/12/2019 at 5:38 AM, Gothamite said:

And famously, no gold. 

** Yellow

36 minutes ago, Cujo said:

** Yellow

No, gold.  

You wouldn’t say teal and light blue are the same color, and neither are these. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Related?  Yes.  Same color?  Nope. 

23 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I object to people posting pictures of the Nippon Ham Fighters because they clarify or altogether obviate the ambiguity of whether they are fighting against ham or on behalf of it. I choose to embrace the mystery.

Well, they should drop the "Nippon Ham" and just call "Hokkaido Fighters". Does they fight for ham? or they know to slice ham?  Nope.

But the name "Fighters" is cool. Heck, there are fighter planes.

.f-16.jpg

For the real answer:

The team is named “Nippon Ham” because that’s the name of the food company that owns them. 

I said I know but choose to embrace the mystery.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:17 AM, insert name said:

For the real answer:

The team is named “Nippon Ham” because that’s the name of the food company that owns them. 

spacer.png

Manchester United uses a lot of yellow in their logo but other than being on the shirt (and since 2014-15, Chevy's gold logo) it is never on the home kits themselves. They traditionally wear Red shirts with white shorts and black socks.

The Wisconsin Badgers' logos, both the motion W and Bucky, use some black.  Football and hockey strictly use red and white, as does basketball since the switch to Under Armour.

For an inverse situation, NFL Europe's Barcelona Dragons used green as their main color.  Green never appeared in their logo.  As a bonus, in 91 and 92, their uniforms lacked any gold is outside of the logo.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:21 PM, BigDmo said:

Aside from the olive green full gator uniforms, green has never appeared on uniforms outside of the logo

spacer.png

Which is why I've always found this logo to be kind of weird. 

Why did they feel the need to make the Alligator GREEN, and not just green, but pretty much a standard Crayola, almost kelly green?  In reality, alligators are much darker, almost a brown/green/black kind of color.  Compare the color of the green grass to the color of the alligator in this photo:
spacer.png

Plus it's a CARTOON of an alligator. It really doesn't matter what color it is, you're obviously not going for realism.  There are beaucoup other college cartoon

(and outline/sihouette) logos are actual team colors and not "realistic" colors.  A couple of examples:

spacer.png

a blue horse?

spacer.png

a purple and gold tiger?

Exactly it’s a cartoon gator, so a non-realistic green gator makes sense. And most People associate gators with green than they do any other color, and making it blue and orange isn’t the way to go either. The way they do it now with incorporating the blue and orange in the current logo is perfect.