Vancouver Canucks Unveil Four New Uniforms

king_mahalo

4 minutes ago, king_mahalo said:

who officially confirmed this?

If it's true, overall it's a slight upgrade. However I think the shoulder patches on the white road jersey should remain blue. 

The mothership says the leak is legit and that all the same changes changes will happen to the white road jersey.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a both a little anticlimactic seeing these mocked up and depressing to accept their confirmation. 

I dont like the modern stick logo. I don't like the agency font. I don't like those rugby collars. I will never like that orca logo and dont really care either way about removing the script.

At least the 40th anniversary gave me something I did like. Kickass heritage jerseys and the best team in Canucks history.

I dont think the Canucks jersey will ever look amazing with the Orca and those colours not quite matching, but this is almost as close as they can get it making it work. I would have liked to see them do something different with the collar though, that still bugs me like it does to a few others here. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I think this is a downgrade. Not because the Vancouver script was great, but that it added a little bit more of the actual team colors. The road jersey especially feels like a beer league team slapped their navy and white logo on royal and green jerseys. And the inverse stick-in-rink is not great...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, uniformity said:

It's a both a little anticlimactic seeing these mocked up and depressing to accept their confirmation. 

I dont like the modern stick logo. I don't like the agency font. I don't like those rugby collars. I will never like that orca logo and dont really care either way about removing the script.

At least the 40th anniversary gave me something I did like. Kickass heritage jerseys and the best team in Canucks history.

best uniforms in Canucks history. these were absolute beauties. I like the orca, I just wish they would adopt this template

spacer.png

If you think this change is underwhelming, just wait until the Senators put their old 2-D logo on their current jerseys and call it a day.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

As with the previous set, the updated white jersey seems noticeably superior to its blue counterpart. 

I would agree with that.

Something about the all blue set just is a bit off. The white jerseys look sharp.

2 hours ago, king_mahalo said:

best uniforms in Canucks history. these were absolute beauties. I like the orca, I just wish they would adopt this template

spacer.png

Preach. Why can't we have the V on the sleeve? That seems like a perfectly fine compromise to losing the VANCOUVER.

If these are the legit jerseys, I'm liking them. The logo could stand to be a bit larger, but it's a fine jersey. Certainly not as bad an idea as making the stick-in-rink their new primary logo (seriously, it's a bad idea) or (heaven forbid) forcing Johnny Canuck into that role when he just wouldn't fit.

Corporate or not, the Canucks have had the orca for nearly 20 years at this point, and I don't see any signs of the orca being axed.

I loathe the orca logo in all it's iterations. It's a generic and thinly-veiled nod to a corporate entity that's no longer involved with the team. 

Bring back the flying skate! Let Seattle try to do something more creative with the blue/green scheme. 

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

Bring back the flying skate! Let Seattle try to do something more creative with the blue/green scheme. 

I'd rather they keep the flying skate as a special event thing and never, ever bring it back full time; it's painfully 90's design in all the wrong ways. Speedlines everywhere, obnoxious bright colors, BFBS, slanted text...ech. I'd rather them stick to a professional looking identity that's at least modernized enough over a painfully 90's identity that really is only remembered as fondly as it is due to the '94 playoff run and a disdain for a fine logo just due to association.

And I know some Vancouver fans will probably crucify me over this, but honestly the orca's the strongest identity this team has ever had. The stick-in-rink was fine in the 70's, but it'd be a terrible identity now. The flying skate only worked in the 90's and would look bad as the main logo. And Johnny Canuck is just not strong enough as a logo to justify replacing the orca full-time. This team already has enough of an identity crisis, let's not make it worse and just stick to one specific logo for a while, eh?

And hell, an orca is just as much befitting the name "canuck" as a flying skate, a stick in rink or a flying V. The team's name isn't the "Vancouver Flying Skates", "Vancouver Stick-In-Rinks" or "Vancouver Flying V's", after all. 😛 A name as generic as "canucks" opens itself to a fair amount of meaning; and orcas are very prominent in the Pacific Ocean, which Vancouver is right next to...and I'll be honest, an orca is a much more intimidating and badass logo then a lumberjack with a hockey stick.

Archived