Vancouver Canucks Unveil Four New Uniforms

king_mahalo

1 minute ago, Brendan said:

Shoot forgot the Knights were Vegas and not Las Vegas.  

I still agree with you, that it's baffled me why they have focused on the C throughout their history. Regardless of if the Golden Knights use it too, V is very unique and could lend itself to some cool logos. I also get the impression that people from Vancouver are very proud of their city, and that direction would make more sense for the people who want to rep it.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Bayne said:

Your endless apathy and disdain for everything the Canucks do is borderline parody at this point.

It's too bad you can't see that the home and roads are, at the very least, a slight upgrade over what we had. 

Facts are facts. There's no sugarcoating it.

4 hours ago, Olmec said:

Any sane human with an ounce of taste and style would design the third jersey with white somewhere on the striping. Unfortunately for us, we are living in the age of "🔥" and right now "stealth" = 🔥 

With that being said. Don't get too accustomed with these as they have the same shelf life of a teen pop star. 

Not sure how royal blue, and Kelly green are stealth, or even stealthy but ok if that’s what you want to believe...

Are the Aquilinis perfect? No. But no owner is. They've consistently proven they're more than willing to actually spend money on the team, they're involved in the community and they genuinely care about the Canucks and winning. On top of that they've shown on more than one occasion a willingness to try and lure other professional leagues to Vancouver. Saying they're among the worst owners in sports because you don't like the jerseys the branding department came up with is ridiculous and shortsighted, you basically have to live in a bubble to say that.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Not sure how royal blue, and Kelly green are stealth, or even stealthy but ok if that’s what you want to believe...

The green/blue with no white is the "stealth" look in the same vein as the canes third. 

On 6/13/2019 at 11:40 AM, bowld said:

Third looks much better seen worn. Need to see the full uni on a player to make up my mind

spacer.png

Also, numbers have dots in them to look like Rain fall (not joking)

spacer.png

It’s actually waves, not rain. From the Vancouver flag and coat of arms:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The all green striping is an... interesting choice. That one came from the club if I remember correctly. The options we put together for this look had varying degrees of white in the stripe designs. My personal favorite was large white stripes with a green inline to match the logo (like what was shown earlier in the original sketches of the Canucks’ uniforms).

The mark was re-tooled a bit to give it what it’s always lacked; a clear, intentional C letterform as the focal point. The stick was rotated a little farther to the left to open the C at a more natural position, closer to center, and to make the angle of the stick look balanced and intentional (the 2000s update was in that grey area where the stick was almost horizontal, but not quite, and thus could be perceived as a mistake).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Facts are facts. There's no sugarcoating it.

At the end of the day they are jerseys and it is your problem that you so badly want them to be using a different logo. Thats not a fact. The reality of the situation is the fact, and I dont think its as dire as you make it out to be. In FACT,  its quite the opposite. The home and road are right up there with the nicest sets in the league now...I think many would agree.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

56 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

It’s actually waves, not rain. From the Vancouver flag and coat of arms:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The all green striping is an... interesting choice. That one came from the club if I remember correctly. The options we put together for this look had varying degrees of white in the stripe designs. My personal favorite was large white stripes with a green inline to match the logo (like what was shown earlier in the original sketches of the Canucks’ uniforms).

The mark was re-tooled a bit to give it what it’s always lacked; a clear, intentional C letterform as the focal point. The stick was rotated a little farther to the left to open the C at a more natural position, closer to center, and to make the angle of the stick look balanced and intentional (the 2000s update was in that grey area where the stick was almost horizontal, but not quite, and thus could be perceived as a mistake).

Fattening up the C to make it more obvious has stolen it of its subtle elegance. (I dont feel like the word elegant is right but i cant think of a better one) Its too chunky which makes an already simple logo look much more elementary. Especially with the odd choice of striping and the thick white collar. Just doesnt work for me.

Also is the thicker c now the same as the shoulder patches? Hard to tell...i would assume so.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

6 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Are the Aquilinis perfect? No. But no owner is. They've consistently proven they're more than willing to actually spend money on the team, they're involved in the community and they genuinely care about the Canucks and winning. On top of that they've shown on more than one occasion a willingness to try and lure other professional leagues to Vancouver. Saying they're among the worst owners in sports because you don't like the jerseys the branding department came up with is ridiculous and shortsighted, you basically have to live in a bubble to say that.

The Aquilinis ARE one of the worst ownerships in sports. It's a far cry from the likes of Bill Foley in Vegas whose club's organization and brand is among the best in sports and the new Seattle NHL franchise will, most certainly, join that elite group. 

And NO, I don't live in a bubble. I've been a sports fan for 40 years and I know the difference between a strong sports brand and one that's hideous. The Aquilinis and their butchered Canucks brand fits the latter. 

31 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The Aquilinis ARE one of the worst ownerships in sports. It's a far cry from the likes of Bill Foley in Vegas whose club's organization and brand is among the best in sports and the new Seattle NHL franchise will, most certainly, join that elite group. 

And NO, I don't live in a bubble. I've been a sports fan for 40 years and I know the difference between a strong sports brand and one that's hideous. The Aquilinis and their butchered Canucks brand fits the latter. 

The Aquilinis didn't even come up with the Orca. If anything they improved the brand because they brought back blue and green and Johnny Canuck to the team's branding. And even if you don't like the uniforms, that doesn't really have anything to do with them as owners. Do you think they sat down and designed the jerseys themselves? No, the most input they likely had was being shown a sketch by the branding team and going 'Yeah that's fine'.

But yes the guy who has had a team for 2 seasons and a group that doesn't even have one yet are models everyone else should follow. I don't know if the Aquilini's ran over your cat or something but constantly bringing them and Johnny Canuck up in every post is getting old. 

I wanted the Canucks to finally retire the Orca. I am disappointed with their new third too. It really needs some white in the striping in my opinion and I still don't know how I feel about the new stick'n'rink logo. I kind of think the logo would look better if the hockey stick was straight instead of angled. I also wish they would have ditched the agency font too. I'm hoping the Canucks will eventually create a new jersey with Johnny Canuck as the logo. 

Archived