2019 - 2020 NHL Redesigns -- Vegas Golden Knights (4 of 31) -- Added 6/25

Philly's Phinest

It's been quite some time since I've posted any topics here, but I'd like to get back into the redesign game. With this thread, I will be redesigning the current NHL jersey landscape for the 2019-2020 season. Each team will have a home, an away, and at least one alternate jersey (possibly more!). I'm not the biggest fan of the current Adidas templates so I will be using an older version of a Reebok that I have. Some of these designs will be minor tweaks to ones that I've created in the past, while some will be completely refreshed. The goal is to complete all 31 NHL teams (no particular order) and if I'm feeling a little crazy, I may try my hand at a Seattle expansion. All that being said, I hope you enjoy the designs and would love to get any/all constructive feedback. 

Columbus Blue Jackets -- 1 of 31

I feel as though there is so much potential for the Blue Jackets to leverage the whole Civil War / patriotism theme. For this design, I've replaced the current jersey crest with the team's cannon logo. The overall look is completely geared towards the aforementioned theme. Sleeve striping is representative of a sergeant patch you'd see on a Union Army uniform. You'll also see a sublimated version of Ohio carried through all 4 designs paying homage to the state. Blue for the primary home, white for the primary away, and red as an alternate option. I did also pull together a second alternate utilizing a blue and creme color scheme. I felt it gave the design a vintage look and could be used for special occasion games. 

3n75xJR.png

zJkoo3U.png

RIC0IqG.png

9VpLeSp.png

What is with the Reebok? NHL uses adidas,. Overall, good work!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 hour ago, Blindsay said:

What is with the Reebok? NHL uses adidas,. Overall, good work!

I'm just not a fan of the Adidas template and structure as I mentioned in the intro. Just a personal preference :)

I'll be using the Reebok for the whole series. Thank you!

Winnipeg Jets -- 2 of 31

Next up is the Winnipeg Jets. I may have gone a bit against the grain here as I know most people love the double blue for the Jets, but I decided to remove it from the normal home and away sets. However, I did keep it on an alternate sweater which I do think most may like. I kept the design very traditional with double sleeve striping outlined in silver. You will see the traditional maple leaf on both the front (jersey crest) and back (above nameplate). Dark blue for the home, white for the away, and the lighter shade of blue for the alts. C&C is greatly appreciated!

v6tYgi6.png

fgjOdIJ.png

6ENFZNp.png

Arizona Coyotes -- 3 of 31

Moving on to what may be one of my favorite designs I've ever put together. Maroon home, white away and black alt for the Arizona Coyotes. Actually debated using the black as the primary home, but decided against it. Simple striping pattern. More of a block font. Sublimated sun rays on the back of the jersey pays homage to the state flag. C&C greatly appreciated!

rsEiGXK.png

ZiNSuUf.png

6Pt2Uhv.png

Vegas Golden Knights -- 4 of 31

This is a design I pulled together a few years back after the Vegas logo was released. I did go a little crazy and have 3 alternates, but I couldn't decide which I liked best. I know most will say the gray may be the better primary for home, but there was something about the black that I really felt was powerful. I used a thick and thin striping pattern and more of a sharp number font instead of your traditional rounded. Jersey crest stays the same with secondary patches on the shoulder of each. Let me know what you think!

zlHvok7.png

5kEyJp7.png

b8hcAgv.png

HlYy30m.png

oYajeai.png

On 6/17/2019 at 6:24 AM, Philly's Phinest said:

Winnipeg Jets -- 2 of 31

Next up is the Winnipeg Jets. I may have gone a bit against the grain here as I know most people love the double blue for the Jets, but I decided to remove it from the normal home and away sets. However, I did keep it on an alternate sweater which I do think most may like. I kept the design very traditional with double sleeve striping outlined in silver. You will see the traditional maple leaf on both the front (jersey crest) and back (above nameplate). Dark blue for the home, white for the away, and the lighter shade of blue for the alts. C&C is greatly appreciated!

v6tYgi6.png

fgjOdIJ.png

6ENFZNp.png

As a Jets fan,I like the double blue on the home and road, but they look cleaner without it. 

Loved the alternate.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:28 AM, Philly's Phinest said:

Moving on to what may be one of my favorite designs I've ever put together. Maroon home, white away and black alt for the Arizona Coyotes. Actually debated using the black as the primary home, but decided against it. Simple striping pattern. More of a block font. Sublimated sun rays on the back of the jersey pays homage to the state flag. C&C greatly appreciated!

rsEiGXK.png

ZiNSuUf.png

6Pt2Uhv.png

Great set, but IMO you missed a golden opportunity to use the Kachina to punch up that third.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 6/24/2019 at 8:28 AM, Philly's Phinest said:

rsEiGXK.png

ZiNSuUf.png

6Pt2Uhv.png

I'd love to see the tan striping here be the kachina to really marry the team into Arizona as a state, and also wouldn't mind seeing the original logo on that black third to spice it up even more, but this is still a solid Coyotes set.

Archived