Redefining the NHL (12/17 - Winter Classic)

JJ Anderes

3 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Very nice on the Devils. Only change I’d make is fill in the empty triangle shape inside the middle of the primary logo. Just curious why is the devil trident sectioned off? May look a little cleaner if you make them solid. 

Would love to see what you did with Columbus next! 

The shaft is supposed to be two hockey sticks, but now that I look at it again I can see why it might look weird.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any reason for the cream on the home? Swap that for white and this may be the most well executed CBJ Concept I’ve ever seen (tho I’d probably make the helmet logo a simple white outlined with red).

something seems a little off with the alternate logo. Making the cannon larger and text smaller might get the job done.

Either way those are both nitpicks. Great work!

1. Maybe the circuit board design could be worked in the striping of the alternate.

2. It doesn’t feel the same without the stick.........

Overall nice job!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

I'm loving the direction with the Sharks. The removal of orange really re-emphasizes the focus on teal, black, and white, and the striping really lets the colours pop. I think my only gripes is that the removed on the numbers could be slightly reduced, they seem a bit too thick for my liking. This one could just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but it looks like the spacing between the stripes on the alternate isn't as much as it is on the Primaries. But that could just be me. Still a great set, would love to see them wearing these one day.

spacer.pngspacer.png

As a Sharks fan, I can’t get enough of those logo updates, the fin ones are what I’ve wanted for awhile now. I also really enjoy the set returning to the original colors, but I feel the home could benefit from a black yoke. I know they do full teal right now but it seems the teal you use, although better, is a little more dull and might be overwhelming to the eyes when on the ice (too much of a good thing). The home and alt also give me hardcore Minnesota Wild vibes for the striping and I just can’t stop thinking about it feeling a tad off. 

Archived