Redefining the NHL (12/17 - Winter Classic)

JJ Anderes

I’m not feeling the neon purple. It needs to be darker. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only nitpick I have with the Hawks is that the wordmark only has three stars. The problem is that I don't see how you could fit the fourth star in and not have it looked shoehorned in.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

The problem is that I don't see how you could fit the fourth star in and not have it looked shoehorned in.

On the g?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

This is amazing work!! I cannot wait to see the rest! Would be awesome to see your take on Seattle! 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

As a Wings fan, these are...ok. I like the striping and the yoke. I like adding the "D" as a secondary logo. The moderized winged shell is good, would take me a while to get used to, but it's done really well. 

However I HATE the black. I dont think the Wings should ever use black. I like the cream, but only as the alternate jersey not the primary color.

Honestly though these are done really well, even if I dont like some aspects of it. Well done

On 9/25/2019 at 2:03 PM, JJ Anderes said:

COLORADO AVALANCHE

r-avalanchelogos.png

r-avalanchehome.png

r-avalancheroad.png

r-avalanchealternate.png

Are you sure the logos on the white and burgandy jersey are centered?  It's odd that the logo doesn't line up with the downward "peak" in the collar, as well as the peak in the hem stripes. In fact, it looks like the peak of the hemstripes doesn't line up with the collar, either. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/27/2019 at 10:38 AM, WSU151 said:

Are you sure the logos on the white and burgandy jersey are centered?  It's odd that the logo doesn't line up with the downward "peak" in the collar, as well as the peak in the hem stripes. In fact, it looks like the peak of the hemstripes doesn't line up with the collar, either. 

I double checked and they are, it just looks off because the point in the logo itself isn't centered. If I ever do an update I might fix the logo.

I'm really liking Calgary, especially the flames on the shoulder yokes. I personally believe the home jersey needs a bit more white for colour balance, maybe just above the thick yellow stripe, and maybe change the colour of the primary flame, as it looks like it will blend in to the rest of the jersey quite a bit. Overall still a great job and looking forward to more work.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Archived