Redefining the NHL (12/17 - Winter Classic)

JJ Anderes

On 6/26/2019 at 1:45 AM, JJ Anderes said:

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

f20045e158ec40bc04d4b79eac754fc18393e8ea

757d94f9542bf41489e0dd71eb2c605bde297166

52040000d0269b94160f454e60630e460f49f4a2

f4a55316a18320045f2e48e08cbed5401d202c5b

623cc5b8a430c142894c4b15f6189b75c1bfc472

C&C is again appreciated. Upcoming teams (in the order requested) are Anaheim, Minnesota, Buffalo, Dallas, Winnipeg, Washington, and Arizona. Who else do you want to see?

Honestly, I know the NHL would throw a fit if someone did this IRL, but what if the road were a yellow palette swap of the home? The logo on both could be tweaked to its normal coloring (belly and gloves and such white) but that would be all the white either of them had...and then the alt could be white.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s my 2 cents...

Boston - I agree with some others about the claw marks. They seem a little out of place for the current brand. However, they look good and I can see the reasoning behind the addition. Uniforms are perfect.

Vancouver - Gorgeous. Only thing I would change is the blue/black plaid pattern. I think it works but I’d also try a blue/navy combination. I think black should be relegated to the alternate (which is also solid). I also like the V collar.

Pittsburgh - I love the current set they wear, but this is a great update. The pattern on the arms is a nice touch. No major complaints here.

Anaheim - Another upgrade to the current brand. Only thing I’d change is bring a purple helmet to the home, which is really just a nitpick. I’m also not sure of the standalone mask on alternate. That A/duck foot secondary logo would look sharp on a uniform.

Looking forward to the rest of the series. Excellent work so far.

This looks fantastic! The cream still works really well on the white jersey! I love the cream shoulder yoke on the home as well. My only complaint is the secondary logo, the shape of the state gets a little lost with the W in the middle. I like the idea, but I feel like it could be more inside the state shape. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, JJ Anderes said:

MINNESOTA WILD

6ca377f533492e68fb504627e7fbfe4db15ce011

6f0cf10fd4c911e4bf2fbf2b82b371968cde6e7d

d1fd9294f504178dfd3b6265885d61dbfbd1e2ff

63fd4b9f91108dddd82dbe4a197d9ee8e01e65fb

010f319705c922ba03d83963133f744c39eedc1e

This uses the basic colors of the Milwaukee Bucks, has a W (as in Wisconsin, even though it stands for Wild), and...well, I feel like bringing back red would help. I know the Bucks used to wear red also, but never green, red, and cream together. I just feel like Minnesotans would find it too close for comfort - although, bear in mind, I'm not a Minnesotan.

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

This looks fantastic! The cream still works really well on the white jersey! I love the cream shoulder yoke on the home as well. My only complaint is the secondary logo, the shape of the state gets a little lost with the W in the middle. I like the idea, but I feel like it could be more inside the state shape. 

5 hours ago, CaptainKirkMN said:

I really like this, my only nitpick is the secondary logo.  I feel like it would work better with the W part smaller, leaving the shape of the state more intact.

2 hours ago, Section30 said:

The Wild look great! I love the emphasis on cream and dropping the red. I'm just gonna second the people above me about the secondary logo. I think that maybe something more similar to the state of hockey logo would work better.

I went ahead and tried to make it smaller but I feel like it left too much empty space in the state outline. Should I use a different logo from the set or something completely different?

21 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

This uses the basic colors of the Milwaukee Bucks, has a W (as in Wisconsin, even though it stands for Wild), and...well, I feel like bringing back red would help. I know the Bucks used to wear red also, but never green, red, and cream together. I just feel like Minnesotans would find it too close for comfort - although, bear in mind, I'm not a Minnesotan.

I also agree a little bit... Maybe an M would be better for the State logo. The Wild do often push the name Minnesota more than the name Wild. That’s why you have logos like the script, or the M shoulder patch currently. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived