Redefining the NHL (12/17 - Winter Classic)

JJ Anderes

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The subtle yoke-V is incredible. Honestly shocked I haven’t seen that before.

Did you horizontally stretch the number font? Something seems off about it compared to Vancouvers current font. I’d also be interested to seethe home jersey with one-colour white numbers since that’s their current look and the standard you’ve set on the other two jerseys

Just a minor thought, on some of your striping, the stripes cross over the template lines. Doesn’t effect the concepts but a minor execution error. 

These are very good! I’m interested in What you will do for Minnesota.

I like the claw marks for Boston! They're cool on the numbers. That alt is excellent.

Canucks look good, but a bit green-heavy for my taste. I agree with @JB Designs, the yoke is excellent! Also, you've cleaned up the skate logo pretty darn well.

I'd love to see what you have in store for Buffalo or Dallas!

I’m intrigued by the caps and the yotes, want to see what you do for them!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 6/24/2019 at 9:26 AM, JB Designs said:

Did you horizontally stretch the number font? Something seems off about it compared to Vancouvers current font. I’d also be interested to seethe home jersey with one-colour white numbers since that’s their current look and the standard you’ve set on the other two jerseys

I did, I'm trying to change each team's font, even if it's just a tweak. Here's the updated home jersey...

b9eb72f9aa780c1cff02847f6042ffa4ca6e185b

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

f20045e158ec40bc04d4b79eac754fc18393e8ea

757d94f9542bf41489e0dd71eb2c605bde297166

52040000d0269b94160f454e60630e460f49f4a2

f4a55316a18320045f2e48e08cbed5401d202c5b

623cc5b8a430c142894c4b15f6189b75c1bfc472

C&C is again appreciated. Upcoming teams (in the order requested) are Anaheim, Minnesota, Buffalo, Dallas, Winnipeg, Washington, and Arizona. Who else do you want to see?

Penguins are cool, but i'd like white included in the home jersey.  In the very least using the same logo with white on it, and then just have the outside stripes on arms and hem be white.  The pattern on the white jersey is too close to Boston though, so maybe change them up a tiny bit.  Could do thick stripe black, then white, then gold.  Or, better yet, if you made the other changes to the home then almost keep the rest the same for the road, kind of like how their real jerseys are.  That way they are emphasizing gold over black.  Really like the third jersey.

10 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Love the Penguins' look! I would suggest making the logo on the home jersey the white version. Great series so far!

5 hours ago, B-mer said:

Penguins are cool, but i'd like white included in the home jersey.  In the very least using the same logo with white on it, and then just have the outside stripes on arms and hem be white.  The pattern on the white jersey is too close to Boston though, so maybe change them up a tiny bit.  Could do thick stripe black, then white, then gold.  Or, better yet, if you made the other changes to the home then almost keep the rest the same for the road, kind of like how their real jerseys are.  That way they are emphasizing gold over black.  Really like the third jersey.

1 hour ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

The Penguins design is incredible, but there should be white on the home. Other than that tiny complaint, it looks incredible. It’s like a combo of their last two Stadium Series jerseys and their home and away set. I love it!

f28161347724e513c50b4d703b602e21b28f823d

5 hours ago, B-mer said:

I noticed that and I actually tried a few of your suggestions but I ended up with a lot of gold-on-white which I'm trying to avoid. As much as I want to make it different from Boston I also felt like emphasizing gold threw off the color balance quite a bit.

Archived