Redefining the NHL (12/17 - Winter Classic)

JJ Anderes

The script over the state looks fantastic!! Just included the northernmost tip of Minnesota. It’s not complete with out it 😉

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get what you were going for with the secondary logo, however with it being so small on the shoulders, I don't like it. I think a updated variation of the B-Sword or S-Sword would be much better on the shoulders. Besides that, I really like this. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 7/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, JJ Anderes said:

BUFFALO SABRES

343d4b5f1c4a2517aac398d7da54f79d75c71ccd

e7d7519373f2516812f9e75f2b37f0fb80681824

6806d8d27084b06176f87ed728cbbd57fd525919

ad2e7af03540a5b01a8ca6badfd6082580558a6d

cb8448e3838a40cd8c5009270c98cebf07d4b895

EDIT: The secondary logo is inspired by the Buffalo city flag.

It looks pretty good, Dahlin (;))...

I don't much care for the white shoulders on the blue sweater. That's my only criticism.

On the alternate: could you make the Dallas script into the one currently used? 

spacer.png

Also for the Sabres , could you put the two swords where the striping is on the alternate? Good work!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Sabres - I feel like a white eye and horn would do some good on the road. Maybe even white text in the body too.

Stars - I (Texas-raised, hockey-crazed Canadian) love the shoulder patch on the primaries, tho I think it needs to be larger in the current mock up. And I think a recolored version would make a better helmet logo for the alt rather than simply slapping a Texas flag on there. Didn't like the star-stitched numbers at first glance, but its a pretty cool take on a part of the jersey that is almost always neglected outside of specialty looks.

Great work on these and on the rest of the series that precedes!

Dallas is really great. Some awesome small details. Like the hanger effect flag, and I didn’t notice the star stitching until a previous comment, but that’s a great subtle feature and a nice alternative to sublimating something in there. 

One thing perhaps wrong I see is the yoke stripes on the back don’t match the front on the home and away. 

I like the D flag logo. I also like the diagonal script logo. The hanger effect flag and star stitching are clever. The only thing I don’t like is the primary—I might have just stuck with their current logo and not the Texas outlined one.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the uniforms and the new alternate logos, but I think the primary without the shadow looks very flat. Maybe add back a shadow, but not nearly as much contrast as the current logo. 

Archived