Tweaking NBA Jerseys

pelicanfan

Gonna start a series where I just tweak nba jerseys. No big changes or concepts. Just some detail fixing or improvements. Perhaps you can call it lazy edits. Here’s my first one It was only right for me to do the pelicans first. 

Before:

821-DFEEE-5141-49-AB-ACDD-765822-FA6263.

After:

BDAD44-C1-E313-4806-BC36-BAF61-A2-A49-FD

Made the navy a lot more lighter. The gold much more saturated. Also added navy trimmings in the shorts. Made the red details turn to white. I felt like red didn’t fit with the navy and gold on white jerseys. Navy outline on the side thicker too. Also made one with jrue and no leg trimmings. 

Before:

B7685-F17-24-A6-4-DA2-BF0-E-6-BB7-D5-A4-

After:

8-BA014-C1-FE8-C-4-EE5-ACA3-5-B400-F930-

IMG-7122.gif

Nice work! How about tweaking city,statement,and earned jerseys?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Even though they won’t be wearing these next season I thought I would fix these up a bit.

Before:

HO18_NBA_City_Edition_Utah_Jersey_0977_r

After:

5-BC43252-F9-BD-49-DD-BD0-C-A0-DB6-CD33-

I added a lot more contrast between each shade and also added a bit of a drop shadow to the words and numbers to make them pop a bit more since they were just plain white 

IMG-7122.gif

2 hours ago, Section30 said:

I like the tweaks so far, the dark red sleeve outline on the Utah jerseys look wonky though

I believe the designers at Nike did that on purpose because down the side of the jersey and onto the shorts the line continues which represents something about Utah and the mountains I think

IMG-7122.gif

Excuse my rough editing. But here’s one of the blazers. All i did was add two more red lines to resemble tire tracks like a trailblazer. Also keeps the triple stripe thing the blazers have going for in their other jerseys.

Before:

HO18_NBA_City_Edition_Portland_Jersey_01

After:

B43-EE580-E650-4224-A2-AC-4-F3-E03-DA03-

IMG-7122.gif

I will admit I do find the navy more appealing than black but since the cavaliers brand their logos as purely wine, gold, and black I made it logo accurate. I always felt like on these jerseys the so called wine looked more like a maroon and didn’t match the paint area of the court so I made it more “wine-y”. And the gold felt more like yellow so I toned it down and changed the hue a bit to look a bit more goldish.

P.s if u zoom in and only look at the after pic it would look a bit better without seeing the before pic at the same time.

This edit was purely made to be logo accurate 

Before:

usa_today_10394747.0.jpg

After:

5-EDE2319-2-F3-A-48-BC-8957-E6-B05-C3012

IMG-7122.gif

Utah and LA are some nice and subtle improvements. Your change to Portland really elevates that jersey, IMO!

For New Orleans, I like the removal of red, but I'm not feeling the royal & yellow. Like @Whittier S says, it just looks too much like the Warriors. I'd be curious to see Saints gold & black, though!

Cavs look a tad better with blue than black, IMO.

I somewhat admired what the Timberwolves were going for with their neon green jerseys. But one of the issues was how they paired navy (their darkest color) with lime green (their brightest color excluding white of course) so what i did was I used their lighter blue color to replace the navy and also toned down like green. The lime green on their statement jerseys resembled the hawk’s volt more than the lime green on the wolves logo. So I darkened it up and made it more green but also still kept their neon theme.

before:

1098144778.jpeg

After:

43-AB86-DC-972-E-4-A52-8348-25-CD22-AC67

IMG-7122.gif

This is a bit of a complicated one but if you’re a pelicans fan then you would know how infamously bland our navy jerseys are. So I used the pelicans red jersey template and made it navy. Because I had to edit the red version the pictures are two different ones. And yes I know I should be using a template but they’re so hard to edit and don’t look as good. 

Before:

ff_3596123-6c6a3c5593ae12f6cfc2alt1_full

After:

E74-E5737-E554-4-ABF-B0-EC-D30-D60-EA0-A

Basically the made the navy lighter (which it much more accurate to the pelicans logo than the current navy on the jerseys which look nearly black) used the same wordmark as the red jerseys and made the stripe red with a gold and white outline as seen here https://www.nba.com/pelicans/sites/pelicans/files/20190621_zion_williamson_3602.jpg

IMG-7122.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived