Tweaking NBA Jerseys

pelicanfan

It really bothered me how the black in the collar was thick and on the arm holes they were thin. So I fixed that. And I also added a black belt to make the uniform look sharper. I think with the shorts stripes and the belt with the holes it really looks sharp. 

Before:

russell-westbrook-of-the-houston-rockets

After:

8-E28-FA87-26-AA-48-B0-8507-2-C2-D6-D561

IMG-7122.gif

Just those small changes to the Rockets uni's go a long way. I would actually like them if they added the trim and the belt. Good work!

I don't know if you can but would it be possible to see the black be changed to the silver/gray color they've used the last few years? I'm just curious to see what they'd look like as not ANOTHER black and red team.

15 hours ago, Antonio Reloaded said:

Just those small changes to the Rockets uni's go a long way. I would actually like them if they added the trim and the belt. Good work!

I don't know if you can but would it be possible to see the black be changed to the silver/gray color they've used the last few years? I'm just curious to see what they'd look like as not ANOTHER black and red team.

Yea sure. With the new design tweak I made or the one they’re currently using?

IMG-7122.gif

On 6/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, pelicanfan said:

I believe the designers at Nike did that on purpose because down the side of the jersey and onto the shorts the line continues which represents something about Utah and the mountains I think

The sides of the jerseys sport road maps: Under the left arm is the highway route to St. George, while under the right arm is the route to Moab. At the base of the shorts underneath the flap is a small stitched-in Delicate Arch — “a hidden treasure” 

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2017/12/25/in-their-new-redrock-inspired-uniforms-the-utah-jazz-are-aiming-to-be-bold/

3 hours ago, Antonio Reloaded said:

With your tweak. I think that your template looks a lot better.

Ok here it is. it looks a bit unnatural because I had to make it based off the black which had no texture or shading6-DAE76-BF-5-C18-4-F68-A02-D-5-F9-B862-F

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

Ok here it is. it looks a bit unnatural because I had to make it based off the black which had no texture or shading6-DAE76-BF-5-C18-4-F68-A02-D-5-F9-B862-F

Thank you for this! Great job! I don’t hate it but I don’t like the look as much as I thought I would. I hate to say it but I think black and red is actually the better look for the Rockets. In my opinion it would be most ideal for them to have an identity that included yellow accents like the throwback they’ll wear this season but oh well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tweaked the new clippers city edition jerseys. I felt like there wasn’t enough black so I made the arm holes black. And I moved up the Los Angeles wordmark since it was a bit too low and changed the number font (it was a quick random font I found in attempt to match the Los Angeles wordmark) also the most noticeable change was adding the map lines which is inspiration from the court. Also added blue and red similar to how the original looked. 

Old:

EA169-FA5-DB66-4-D8-D-99-ED-A4978-FFB9-B

new:

BB424-B6-C-9445-4-E87-A984-4-A083-AEFFE1

IMG-7122.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I always felt like the lines on the shorts and jersey gave the whole uniform an illusion of it looking “longer” given how much emphasis there was on the opposite ends of the uniform. So I decided to add a contrast in between and also added a touch of neon green that comes from the logo. 

Old:

1173152037.jpg.0.jpg

New:

8-AEF6576-3448-4-CA6-A38-D-BE1-A3-F6265-
(the jerseys were covering the belt for the guys on the left)

IMG-7122.gif

17 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I always felt like the lines on the shorts and jersey gave the whole uniform an illusion of it looking “longer” given how much emphasis there was on the opposite ends of the uniform. So I decided to add a contrast in between and also added a touch of neon green that comes from the logo. 

Old:

1173152037.jpg.0.jpg

New:

8-AEF6576-3448-4-CA6-A38-D-BE1-A3-F6265-
(the jerseys were covering the belt for the guys on the left)

I would try and find a way to make the stripe above the wordmark not float, maybe stripes around the arms or complete removal? I’d also throw in some more green

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here I decided to add the gold collar because the jersey just looked simply too plain. It looked more like a tank top than a jersey. Jerseys almost always have some sort of color on the arm holes and collar. Here it just looks like a practice tank top so I decided to add gold on the collar.

Old:

kyle-lowry-raptors-city-edition-nba-swin

New:

6-BD07159-CFBE-40-E3-8989-69-F02-B63-EB5

IMG-7122.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a tweak for the hawks. I never understood why the top of the uniform had the pattern yet on the shorts it's nowhere to be found other then one side which just looked weird to me. So I decided to add the pattern to the shorts. (Tried my best to recreate the pattern it looks kinda rough) 

Old:

brandon-goodwin-and-treveon-graham-of-th

New:

F2-D040-E8-7-AC1-4632-89-B3-A448-DDD5-C3

IMG-7122.gif

Archived