pelicanfan

Tweaking NBA Jerseys

Recommended Posts

It really bothered me how the black in the collar was thick and on the arm holes they were thin. So I fixed that. And I also added a black belt to make the uniform look sharper. I think with the shorts stripes and the belt with the holes it really looks sharp. 

Before:

russell-westbrook-of-the-houston-rockets

 

After:

8-E28-FA87-26-AA-48-B0-8507-2-C2-D6-D561

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just those small changes to the Rockets uni's go a long way. I would actually like them if they added the trim and the belt. Good work!

 

I don't know if you can but would it be possible to see the black be changed to the silver/gray color they've used the last few years? I'm just curious to see what they'd look like as not ANOTHER black and red team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Antonio Reloaded said:

Just those small changes to the Rockets uni's go a long way. I would actually like them if they added the trim and the belt. Good work!

 

I don't know if you can but would it be possible to see the black be changed to the silver/gray color they've used the last few years? I'm just curious to see what they'd look like as not ANOTHER black and red team.

Yea sure. With the new design tweak I made or the one they’re currently using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, pelicanfan said:

I believe the designers at Nike did that on purpose because down the side of the jersey and onto the shorts the line continues which represents something about Utah and the mountains I think

The sides of the jerseys sport road maps: Under the left arm is the highway route to St. George, while under the right arm is the route to Moab. At the base of the shorts underneath the flap is a small stitched-in Delicate Arch — “a hidden treasure” 

 

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2017/12/25/in-their-new-redrock-inspired-uniforms-the-utah-jazz-are-aiming-to-be-bold/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Yea sure. With the new design tweak I made or the one they’re currently using?

With your tweak. I think that your template looks a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Antonio Reloaded said:

With your tweak. I think that your template looks a lot better.

Ok here it is. it looks a bit unnatural because I had to make it based off the black which had no texture or shading6-DAE76-BF-5-C18-4-F68-A02-D-5-F9-B862-F

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

Ok here it is. it looks a bit unnatural because I had to make it based off the black which had no texture or shading6-DAE76-BF-5-C18-4-F68-A02-D-5-F9-B862-F

 

Thank you for this! Great job! I don’t hate it but I don’t like the look as much as I thought I would. I hate to say it but I think black and red is actually the better look for the Rockets. In my opinion it would be most ideal for them to have an identity that included yellow accents like the throwback they’ll wear this season but oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar to the rockets edit, I believe the hornets needed a sharpness to their uniforms. So I changed the arm holes and shorts trimmings to the collar color. 

 

Before:

USATSI_10515952_168380616_lowres.jpg

 

After:

38-C14-ACC-7-B21-47-E1-A687-C6484-B6-E57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tweaked the new clippers city edition jerseys. I felt like there wasn’t enough black so I made the arm holes black. And I moved up the Los Angeles wordmark since it was a bit too low and changed the number font (it was a quick random font I found in attempt to match the Los Angeles wordmark) also the most noticeable change was adding the map lines which is inspiration from the court. Also added blue and red similar to how the original looked. 
 

Old:

EA169-FA5-DB66-4-D8-D-99-ED-A4978-FFB9-B
 

new:

BB424-B6-C-9445-4-E87-A984-4-A083-AEFFE1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always felt like the lines on the shorts and jersey gave the whole uniform an illusion of it looking “longer” given how much emphasis there was on the opposite ends of the uniform. So I decided to add a contrast in between and also added a touch of neon green that comes from the logo. 
 

Old:

1173152037.jpg.0.jpg

New:

8-AEF6576-3448-4-CA6-A38-D-BE1-A3-F6265-
(the jerseys were covering the belt for the guys on the left)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Clippers concept reminds me of this:

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. The Wolves no longer look like they're wearing pinafores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I always felt like the lines on the shorts and jersey gave the whole uniform an illusion of it looking “longer” given how much emphasis there was on the opposite ends of the uniform. So I decided to add a contrast in between and also added a touch of neon green that comes from the logo. 
 

Old:

1173152037.jpg.0.jpg

New:

8-AEF6576-3448-4-CA6-A38-D-BE1-A3-F6265-
(the jerseys were covering the belt for the guys on the left)

I would try and find a way to make the stripe above the wordmark not float, maybe stripes around the arms or complete removal? I’d also throw in some more green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.