mcrosby

The Continents Cup

Recommended Posts

I would love to see a Continents Cup between the six association football confederations. Something of an all-star tournament. Here's how I'd outfit them. 

WBHpSEe.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uniforms look fantastic as always, the reason I’m guessing why FIFA has never considered this is that it would most likely be UEFA beating CONMEBOL in a close final after the two wreck OFC, and also put the hammer down on CONCACAF, AFC, and CAF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those kits are looking pretty amazing. Very nice and simple tournament logo.

 

I think an Continent (Confederations) Cup would be a good thought with all the best footballer from all six federations getting together for a fabulous tournament. FIFA could arrange the tournament like a Socceraid type tournament where people can donate money towards a charity to help the world. Where the best players can get together to have fun, show off and raise alot of money for something good in the world. 

 

Just too bad Infantino wants to abolish the Confederations Cup and Club World Cup, replacing it with a FIFA Nations League once every four years (24 clubs).The amount of football is increasing which is great for us supporters but there will come a breaking point for the players. Currently the top players are only getting between 3-4 weeks off between seasons due to club and country commitments.   

 

Great work nonetheless mccrosby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uniforms are great, and I think this would be a great idea for an actual event. They'd probably have to have it the year before a World Cup, as to avoid conflicts with the World Cup, Women's World Cup, or the Olympics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😲 that's some uniforms there! I am digging every single of them! You gotta do clash kits since you already had done the primary kits. What about the goalie kits??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the colorways for Africa and Asia were more distinct from each other, there wouldn't be a need for clashes when there are only six teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, ThierryH14 said:

Those kits are looking pretty amazing. Very nice and simple tournament logo.

 

I think an Continent (Confederations) Cup would be a good thought with all the best footballer from all six federations getting together for a fabulous tournament. FIFA could arrange the tournament like a Socceraid type tournament where people can donate money towards a charity to help the world. Where the best players can get together to have fun, show off and raise alot of money for something good in the world. 

 

Just too bad Infantino wants to abolish the Confederations Cup and Club World Cup, replacing it with a FIFA Nations League once every four years (24 clubs).The amount of football is increasing which is great for us supporters but there will come a breaking point for the players. Currently the top players are only getting between 3-4 weeks off between seasons due to club and country commitments.   

 

Great work nonetheless mccrosby

He actually wants to expand the Club World Cup and move it to summer, possibly trying to base it in Europe to keep UEFA happy since it's top teams wouldn't be spread across the globe that year.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:00 PM, Viperion101 said:

Uniforms are great, and I think this would be a great idea for an actual event. They'd probably have to have it the year before a World Cup, as to avoid conflicts with the World Cup, Women's World Cup, or the Olympics. 

This would work in 2021 since the only other competition would be Gold Cup, which can move around a bit more as needed. You could also do a straight round robin league setup or two groups and a semi-final followed by the final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

He actually wants to expand the Club World Cup and move it to summer, possibly trying to base it in Europe to keep UEFA happy since it's top teams wouldn't be spread across the globe that year.

This would work in 2021 since the only other competition would be Gold Cup, which can move around a bit more as needed. You could also do a straight round robin league setup or two groups and a semi-final followed by the final. 

I still believe that UEFA will still vote against it, and if required, not participate in this proposed new Club World Cup if Infantino/FIFA go through with this. I know the Gulf State of Qatar is supposedly bank rolling a massive amount of money for this revised tournament but the ECA (European Clubs Association) and UEFA are both against it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.