Charlotte Copperheads (MLB)

Viperion101

It's supposed to look like a viper's mouth open, with the fangs on the top. A snake's open mouth makes sort of a natural c-shape. That's why I added that little bowed out part on the back of the "C", so it would look like that's where the body meets. However, I'm open to ideas as to how to make it look better. Maybe getting rid of the stripes (I added them originally because copperheads have different shades of brown on their bodies), but removing them could make it look a little better I guess.

spacer.png

Here's my thought, make the copperhead the C for the wordmark. It looks weird with the copperhead and then a "C" right next to it. 

I think the stripes are okay, the execution needs to be a little better. The snake needs a little bit of a neck. It looks distorted with the snake looking like a C.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I'd sharpen the corners and try to give it a more realistic shape, at the risk of starting to descend into the uncanny valley.  Maybe use this as a reference image.  Lots of snakes have that sort of shape for their nose, so it might be more instantly recognizable as just the snake's head.

In addition, I'd extend the "neck" a bit more.  I think you made the right call in putting that in, but I don't think it was executed well enough to have the desired effect.

Alternatively, I think having the full snake form the C could work well (although I do like the fang you have in the current logo).

Overall, a well-done concept.  I think the uniform design works well, especially the fonts.

xglLy43.png38ekInb.png3T2CQrI.png

BB&T is one of the best stadium sites.  I think MLB should move the Rays here. 

I like this concept and look forward to seeing how you evolve it.  Have you considered Carolina Copperheads instead?  They're really big about their "Two States, One Team" thing with the Panthers down here.  I like the U. of Texas burnt-orange kind of look.  The neon green jerseys are a nah for me.

mainescarf.png

3 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

BB&T is one of the best stadium sites.  I think MLB should move the Rays here. 

I like this concept and look forward to seeing how you evolve it.  Have you considered Carolina Copperheads instead?  They're really big about their "Two States, One Team" thing with the Panthers down here.  I like the U. of Texas burnt-orange kind of look.  The neon green jerseys are a nah for me.

Yeah I've thought of that, that could work also with the same logo and font and everything. 

spacer.png

Updated the cap insignia letter logo. Added the "pit" at the front to make it look more like a snake's snout. 

spacer.png

Also went ahead and added "Carolina" to the logo instead of "Charlotte". Either would work for the team's name. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

ROQzHrU.jpg

The problem with actual copperheads is their head isn't shaped like that of a cobra. You don't have to stay within that constraint when making an illustration though. 

DsEUSBP.png

If you take the left side of the cobra as a starting point you can use the neck as a cursive C, even with his mouth open to strike. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived