Kansas City Stealth (NBA)

Viperion101

I love the color scheme and the military inspired sharpness to your design, but I feel as though if KC got a NBA team it should be more closely associated with the area's heritage and or what the city is known best for; i.e. BBQ, trains, storms, and a vague royalty stuff (lol).

I imagine their identity as like the Kansas City Smoke or the Kansas City Zephyrs.

I'm fan of all of KC's teams, well I don't really care about the Chiefs, and the city really identifies with their teams; so you'd need to create something they'd really gel with, just look at the difference between how KC perceived the Wiz before they re-branded into Sporting KC.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

7 minutes ago, From 0-26 to S.B. Champs said:

Too similar to the KC Stealth AFL team from the 2000's....

spacer.png

Similar? It's a basically a rip-off, from name to colors to imagery (stealth bomber over a ball).

It is what it is.

18 minutes ago, From 0-26 to S.B. Champs said:

Too similar to the KC Stealth AFL team from the 2000's....

spacer.png

KC's arena football team was the Brigade and the Command, but never the Stealth. There was a franchise named the Stealth in the National Lacrosse League, which bounced between San Jose, Washington state and Vancouver.

4 hours ago, Whittier S said:

It seems like there's a way you could work in a subtle silhouette of the bomber into the monogram.

I would agree. The angles of the K might be conducive to that. Right now, the KC monogram is incongruous with the rest of the package because it's angular in way the rest of the text and elements are not. But if you worked the bomber silhouette into it, it could make more sense as part of the bigger package.

I would agree with y'all that the logo is similar to the KC Command/Brigade logo, it is inspired by the logos of those two teams. However, both of those teams have folded, and each time they were around, it was only for a few seasons. I thought that the general idea of having a stealth bomber as the logo was a good idea, so I decided to go with it, however, I tried to make it unique enough. As far as the monogram logo goes, it is common for Kansas City sports teams to have a monogram logo that just says "KC" and has the letters connected somehow, so that is why I didn't put any graphics as a background. Also the monogram logo was inspired somewhat by the Kansas City Monarchs' monogram logo. 

spacer.png

I disagree that it's a "ripoff". It's a local reference to the nearby air force base, and since it's a very specific model of plane, there are only so many ways to draw it; it's going to be recognizable (and should be recognizable) as a stealth bomber in every one of those ways. The black is almost mandatory because it's the colour of the plane, and the sky blue makes sense because ... well, planes fly in the sky. Any other colour scheme and everyone would be crying foul as well.

No Nike on the uniforms? Also could this turn into an expansion series? I have a few ideas. Overall good work!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived