MLB Stadium Saga: Oakland/Tampa Bay/Southside

So_Fla

Just a vision of what a new domed stadium in the Tampa Bay area might look like.

Logo related so to stay on track, it says "for the Tampa Bay Rays...".

The Tampa Tribune

OK Gothamite, start you usual diatribe about how bad the Tampa Bay area is and how great New York is. <_<

Based on your thread title, I was expecting news, not fantasy.

No knock on the Tampa area at all, but it seems to me that there's about a zero % this gets built.

I definitely knock the idea of blue and gold uniforms, though! :D

I thought all Tampa and St. Petersburg area, especially the newspapers, referred to the Devil Rays as the Rays.

As for the stadium, it's awesome! I love how it's shaped like a stingray judging by the potential overhead view!!

I thought all Tampa and St. Petersburg area, especially the newspapers, referred to the Devil Rays as the Rays.

As for the stadium, it's awesome! I love how it's shaped like a stingray judging by the potential overhead view!!

Or a singular sperm...

:D

The roof also looks like a shell.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I actually like this concept of a new Tampa Stadium for Baseball. Being from Milwaukee I would say that It looks an awful lot like Miller Park, but viewing the layout and all, it it looks like they took a lot of inspiration from a great stadium and added a Tampa flare to it. The walkway leading up to the area around and the stadium itself resembling a RAY is pretty cool too.

I don't think this will come to pass, but hope it does in some wierd way!

packchampionslfroh.png

I can't see anything. Can you help me get IE to show swf files?

The spires to mimick the University of Tampa's Plant Hall is very cheesy, and would/should be eliminated during value engineering. Outside if that, the can go for it. As for roofs, if a stadia has a retractable roof which is two fold, is it " like Rod Laver Arena/ AmsterdamArenA or any other two movable roofs"? Give it up. If the panels open and close at the same time as it looks as it is designed, then it is like Miller Park. Let's just hope that if apporved, that workers don't die during its construction.

And "belly", if this does occur before the Marlins, it jsut means that Tampa is a city which does things, and Miami just wants to be on TV looking like the 3rd world of North America. (Note: I say that from living in both cities before the age of 18).

I can't see anything. Can you help me get IE to show swf files?

The spires to mimick the University of Tampa's Plant Hall is very cheesy, and would/should be eliminated during value engineering. Outside if that, the can go for it. As for roofs, if a stadia has a retractable roof which is two fold, is it " like Rod Laver Arena/ AmsterdamArenA or any other two movable roofs"? Give it up. If the panels open and close at the same time as it looks as it is designed, then it is like Miller Park. Let's just hope that if apporved, that workers don't die during its construction.

And "belly", if this does occur before the Marlins, it jsut means that Tampa is a city which does things, and Miami just wants to be on TV looking like the 3rd world of North America. (Note: I say that from living in both cities before the age of 18).

I can understand that reasoning. Then again, this city's home to two world series trophies and constant storms in the summer. At least Tampa has a dome...but Tampa hasn't been out of last place in the AL East since its inception. And this is from a person who has lived in Miami for 23 years.

Just a vision of what a new domed stadium in the Tampa Bay area might look like.

Logo related so to stay on track, it says "for the Tampa Bay Rays...".

The Tampa Tribune

OK Gothamite, start you usual diatribe about how bad the Tampa Bay area is and how great New York is. <_<

I have said no such thing, but don't let reality get in your way. They certainly didn't. :D

Yes, that would be a good stadium, and yes, the clamshell roof is very reminiscent of Miller Park. But all the wishful thinking in the world can't solve the two basic problems: 1) Tampans say St Pete is too far away, and 2) the team has a lease with the city of St. Petersburg. This fanfic doesn't even try to address them.

And how is this logo related, exactly? :P Just because they use the new name? In that case, will we be treated to a long list of posts featuring newspaper articles on the team's transactions, roster, standings, and results?

I think you might get a better response if you posted it in the proper forum - and I say that about many non-Tampa Bay threads.

why cant i find the uniform design?

as for the location on dale mabry, i love it, but the traffic would be even more ridiculous than it already is. and could you imagine at the slim chance the rays and the bucs had a game the same day? my god people would be sitting in traffic for a week.

2004RedSox.png