alxy8s

The Montreal-Tampa Rays?

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Yeah, I don’t miss the days of cavernous multiuse ballparks

You haven't lived until you watch a baseball game with 3500 other people in a stadium that seats 80,000. 

18 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

You haven't lived until you watch a baseball game with 3500 other people in a stadium that seats 80,000. 

digging deep on this one... I saw both Toronto and Atlanta (old stadium) but both, I believe, pre-97 so crowds weren’t swallowed up. 

been to like 20 Revolution MLS games through the years to get that idea, though.

EDIT: I should say old old stadium for Atlanta. Can’t keep up!

29 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Was this until Ricky Vaughn showed up? 

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

Was this until Ricky Vaughn showed up? 

Well after. 

3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

It's one reason when the A's suck I always recommend people make a trip to the Oakland Coliseum. Won't be too much longer that you'll be able to have that experience. And you're right... there's nothing like it. Don't know if that's a good thing... but it's definitely a thing. 

I saw the Orlando Rays amongst a crowd of about 50 in however big thst stadium is, how does that scale?

12 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Fact: nobody spread coronavirus in 3/4-empty Veteran's stadium, Cleveland stadium, Riverfront, Three Rivers, etc.  Let's let that sink in for a minute.