Montreal/Tampa Bay Rays name speculation

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the spirit of NBA Jam, the team name can just be the sound of the person yelling as if they stubbed their toe. Joe Buck will finally be able to show true emotion.

"Tonight's matchup is between the New York Yankees and AAAHH!!!!"

bSLCtu2.png

If a team becomes a timeshare they lose all the identity charm that teams have with the cities they “represent?”   So calling them (city) (team name) doesn’t make much sense.  A split identity team really becomes more associated with the owner which creates the Frankenstein.  So how about they hire Brandoise to design a logo for The Sternbergers.  It can basically be a smiling cheeseburger because isn’t that the work product they routinely put out there?

Wow, this idea has success written all over it.  😜🤣

I kinda like the Snowbirds or perhaps the Montreal Floridians or Can-Am Floridians.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

consolidate the Marlins and Rays and move them to one of the potential expansion cities, call them the Devil Fish.  Sell Marlins Park to the U and retrofit it for football (it's the old Orange Bowl site) 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 6/22/2019 at 7:11 PM, Oso said:

The Can Am Connection. Can have Rick Martel throw out a ceremonial first pitch.

Min MTL... the first pitch in Tampa would be Tom Zenk. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Min MTL... the first pitch in Tampa would be Tom Zenk. 

If he was still alive, that'd make all the sense in the world to throw out the first pitch in Tampa.

Texas.gif

16 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Fan support man. I love Montreal and I'd love the Expos to come back, but it just doesn't seem like a baseball city any more (if it ever was).

Oh yeah, it was. 

But what exactly are you looking for when you say “yet”?  Isn’t an average attendance of 42,000 for a series of meaningless Spring Training exhibition games a pretty good indication of interest?

Archived