NBA Identity Swap

ldconcepts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your versions of the Bulls and Pistons are awesome! Detroit should totally use that as their primary IRL.

I agree with others, the Mavericks-style Bucks needs work.

I like the idea with Atlanta, but the wings look too much like bee wings. You should add some feathers to the wings, like on the '90s Hawks logo.

Also,

T H E     C A V A L I E R       I S      W A T C H I N G

EGrdvol.png

(I couldn't help myself sorry)

• ldconcepts changed the title to NBA Identity Swap (More updates!)
29 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

More updates!

Less bunny-like Bucks and less bee-like Hawks:

Bucks3.png  Hawks2.png

C&C appreciated!

I think the problem with the hawks wings, which are much improved in this version, is the general shape, wings usually curve up towards the end, so maybe try that, i think the 90s logo is a great example 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I think it’s amazing how I would never think this would work, but this is one of the best concept threads I’ve ever seen. I will say, it’s pretty hard for me to think of which teams match, so kudos to you for figuring that out. Fantastic work, @ldconcepts

22 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Next up is Golden State and LA!

warriorsex.png  Clippersex.png

Warriors.png  Clippers.png

C&C appreciated!

I really like the Warriors' Clipper logo! That's kinda cool!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Your latest Hawks update works perfectly.

I'd like to see white basketball seams for the Clippers and/or a powder blue version.

I like that M for Orlando... The hoop could be turned into the brim of a magician's top hat!

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Maybe have the Magic ball shooting up creating a mushroom cloud like the rockets logo

I get what you are saying, and I agree, however, I have to say a mushroom cloud is the effect from a nuclear bomb, whereas the rockets logo just shows exhaust from a rocket. 

Excellent!

Guest darkpiranha

Loving this.  Only three that aren't working for me yet are the Bucks, Mavs and Timberwolves.

Bucks - Let the antlers extend outside of the edge of the circle a bit like the horse on the Mavs wasn't entirely encased in the circle.  By letting the points of the antlers stick out a bit, it fixes a lot of the problem of the buck getting lost in the circle.

Mavs - Looks good, but I'd try adding a bit of flowing mane out to one side of the head.  It breaks the template set by the Bucks logo, but part of what makes the Mavs logo feel so dynamic is the mane, so I think there's a happy medium in there somewhere.

Timberwolves - <exhales breath> This one is still kind of a mess.  I really like the earlier suggestion of using the two-toned version of the logo from later on as your template to swap.  

22 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Loving this.  Only three that aren't working for me yet are the Bucks, Mavs and Timberwolves.

Bucks - Let the antlers extend outside of the edge of the circle a bit like the horse on the Mavs wasn't entirely encased in the circle.  By letting the points of the antlers stick out a bit, it fixes a lot of the problem of the buck getting lost in the circle.

Mavs - Looks good, but I'd try adding a bit of flowing mane out to one side of the head.  It breaks the template set by the Bucks logo, but part of what makes the Mavs logo feel so dynamic is the mane, so I think there's a happy medium in there somewhere.

Timberwolves - <exhales breath> This one is still kind of a mess.  I really like the earlier suggestion of using the two-toned version of the logo from later on as your template to swap.  

Bucks3.png  Bucks4.png

Mavericks.png  Mavericks2.png

Wolves2.png  Wolves3.png

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived