NBA Identity Swap

ldconcepts

I've decided to start a new series, based a little off my old NHL Identity Swap series, where I've paired up each NBA team. The style of each team's "preferred primary" will be used to swap their identities. I've already finished all 30 logos, though they're not final, so C&C is appreciated as always.

I won't reveal the pairs just yet, though I'll be updating this chart as each pair is unveiled alphabetically.

iswap15.png

First up is Atlanta and Charlotte!

atlex.png  chaex.png

Hawks.png  Hornets.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow, I am looking forward to this series. That's a great start. One tiny nitpick is I'm not in love with the pointedness of the Hawk wing, but it's minor.

XcryMwi.png

I would recommend using the ‘95-‘14 Hawks logo’s wings and face, the pointy wings aren’t doing it for me, I’d also try outlining the Hornets alt logo that is a profile. Unless you are trying to come up with new logos. It’s looking really promising so far though, excited to see who the spurs get flipped with!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Next up is Boston and Cleveland!

bosex.png  cleex.png

Celtics.png  Cavaliers.png

For Boston, I simplified the mass outlining of the Cavs' logo to work with only green and white, and replaced the sword with a clover.

For Cleveland,  I tried my best to keep the quirky 70s nature of the Celtics' logo, while making the goofy face look semi-threatening.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to NBA Identity Swap (Celtics/Cavs added!)
41 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Next up is Boston and Cleveland!

bosex.png  cleex.png

Celtics.png  Cavaliers.png

For Boston, I simplified the mass outlining of the Cavs' logo to work with only green and white, and replaced the sword with a clover.

For Cleveland,  I tried my best to keep the quirky 70s nature of the Celtics' logo, while making the goofy face look semi-threatening.

C&C appreciated!

For Cleveland, the brim needs to extend out a bit more. It looks more like his bowler hat got bashed in at the moment. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, simtek34 said:

If I were you, I would make the Wolves one more similar to the 1996-2017 Secondary Logo.

spacer.png

That’s how I started off, might have simplified a bit too much. I’ll rework the lower half during my updates.

Nyzv9xS.png

17 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Next up is Denver and Detroit!

nuggetsex.png  pistonsex.png

Nuggets.png  Pistons.png

C&C appreciated!

This is the best pair yet! The Pistons-onto-Nuggets is perfect with the crossed pistons. And as for Nuggets-onto-Pistons, there isn't much you can do with a logo that is just a wordmark on a basketball.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived