Houston Rockets Unveil New Uniforms, Bring Back Classic Look for 2020

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The black side panels on the red jersey are soooooooo unnecessary. But, not as unnecessary as the Lakers' black side panels.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Man, UGA sure has some nice, clean looking uniforms for this coming season.

220px-Georgia_Athletics_logo.svg.png

1170x450_jersey_reveal-no-text_1.jpg?ito

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

What bugs me the most is that black is so prominent in the red uniform, but nonexistent in the white, while at the same time the red uniform has little white. And the armholes look ridiculous, it would be a great place to bring some color balance across the whole set. Finally the silver outline on the word mark is pointless silver is found no where else on any uniform. It just bloats the word marks. And the new logo they released has absolutely nothing to do with these uniforms. How can a team with almost an entirely grey logo have no grey on their uniforms? Any of the six that they have. This is by far one of the most frustrating uniform changes I’ve seen, bc the designs aren’t necessarily bad, it’s still some how an upgrade, but it seems like it was approached like a kid would approach a coloring book, “why not make this red, and this black, and this silver, and let’s not color this or that.” 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Confused as to why people are considering this an upgrade. The throwback, absolutely. But the white and red uniforms are terrible. The last set was far from perfect, and it was time for a change. But the design itself was unique as opposed to the generic uni we got yesterday. It lasted for 15 years, and will always be associated with Yao Ming and T mac’s time in Houston. The fonts were really the downfall of that set, but even the fonts weren’t too bad. Unbelievable that with everyone, and I mean everyone, calling for the return of the championship era ketchup and mustard that we get red, black and grey generic jerseys. Highly doubt these last more than a couple of years. Throwbacks will sell like crazy and hopefully Fertitta opens his eyes and goes to the throwbacks full time at some point with minor updates to the old logo.

I think the new swooping side panels that flow across the shorts is pretty sweet, even if it looks like a 90s design...looks like the smoke at launch. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

spacer.png

I did this messy mock up replacing black with yellow… gold… whatever. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Not sure if anyone else caught this from the reveal ...

The Rockets will, however, continue to celebrate their relationship with their Chinese fans. As a tribute to the massive popularity of the club in China, the Rockets will debut an alternate court for home games played over Lunar New Year.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Not sure if anyone else caught this from the reveal ...

I'm curious just how big the Chinese fan base actually is. While Houston is a very large and diverse city, we actually don't have a very large Chinese population. Vietnamese is much more predominant in the area. It's almost a slap in the face to the local population that celebrates lunar new year by having it tied directly to only Chinese wordmarks and designs.

Archived