SportsLogos.Net News

Houston Rockets Unveil New Uniforms, Bring Back Classic Look for 2020

They kinda remind me of the Sonics' uniforms, but that's not a compliment. I know I'm echoing what everyone else already said, but they really should've brought yellow back. 

The black side panels on the red jersey are soooooooo unnecessary. But, not as unnecessary as the Lakers' black side panels.

Definite upgrade but could have been much better

Like the direction they are going but not sure why they kept the old RH logo that was base of their old font. Doesn't match. Go all the way. This is just an ok hybrid. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXJbhvRskyRrSyeTsDW0r

What bugs me the most is that black is so prominent in the red uniform, but nonexistent in the white, while at the same time the red uniform has little white. And the armholes look ridiculous, it would be a great place to bring some color balance across the whole set. Finally the silver outline on the word mark is pointless silver is found no where else on any uniform. It just bloats the word marks. And the new logo they released has absolutely nothing to do with these uniforms. How can a team with almost an entirely grey logo have no grey on their uniforms? Any of the six that they have. This is by far one of the most frustrating uniform changes I’ve seen, bc the designs aren’t necessarily bad, it’s still some how an upgrade, but it seems like it was approached like a kid would approach a coloring book, “why not make this red, and this black, and this silver, and let’s not color this or that.” 

Confused as to why people are considering this an upgrade. The throwback, absolutely. But the white and red uniforms are terrible. The last set was far from perfect, and it was time for a change. But the design itself was unique as opposed to the generic uni we got yesterday. It lasted for 15 years, and will always be associated with Yao Ming and T mac’s time in Houston. The fonts were really the downfall of that set, but even the fonts weren’t too bad. Unbelievable that with everyone, and I mean everyone, calling for the return of the championship era ketchup and mustard that we get red, black and grey generic jerseys. Highly doubt these last more than a couple of years. Throwbacks will sell like crazy and hopefully Fertitta opens his eyes and goes to the throwbacks full time at some point with minor updates to the old logo.

Can't help but feel the Rockets dropped the ball bigtime here. These are just boring. They should have just updated the classics.

mrWWEy1.png

So are they red and black or are they still just red and white? The home unis have no black at all... Which creates that color inconsistency.

the side panels that was inspired by the Gemini rocket was such a good design. I don't know why they didn't transition it to the new uni. 

I think the new swooping side panels that flow across the shorts is pretty sweet, even if it looks like a 90s design...looks like the smoke at launch. 

I don't even know why they came out with a white one.  They aren't going to wear them.

spacer.png

I did this messy mock up replacing black with yellow… gold… whatever. 

Not sure if anyone else caught this from the reveal ...

The Rockets will, however, continue to celebrate their relationship with their Chinese fans. As a tribute to the massive popularity of the club in China, the Rockets will debut an alternate court for home games played over Lunar New Year.

9 minutes ago, kimball said:

I’m willing to bet that their alternative court would look better than their main court. 

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I'm curious just how big the Chinese fan base actually is. While Houston is a very large and diverse city, we actually don't have a very large Chinese population. Vietnamese is much more predominant in the area. It's almost a slap in the face to the local population that celebrates lunar new year by having it tied directly to only Chinese wordmarks and designs.