NHL Color Rush - All teams posted!

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flames are great.  The balanced striping improves the throwback look a lot. I know it’s not exactly throwback but still. 

Tampa is cool but generally speaking I don’t like the all white look with the gloves and pants. Jersey by itself is cool. 

Canucks all I would do is add a blue stripe on top of the hem to match the arms, but still great.  

Avs, I think would work better swapping the burgundy and blue on the jersey/socks.  Keep the pants, helmet, gloves as is.  Could look good swapping the logos too if you did this.  Also maybe change silver to white... 

EDIT:  Idea i just had for when you've posted all, I always thought the images like this with all teams jerseys were cool.  maybe you could put all of yours together like this.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

Canucks all I would do is add a blue stripe on top of the hem to match the arms, but still great.  

Avs, I think would work better swapping the burgundy and blue on the jersey/socks.  Keep the pants, helmet, gloves as is.  Could look good swapping the logos too if you did this.  Also maybe change silver to white... 

EDIT:  Idea i just had for when you've posted all, I always thought the images like this with all teams jerseys were cool.  maybe you could put all of yours together like this.

spacer.png

Way ahead of you on that ;)

pYyGiWF.jpg

(I blacked out the teams that haven't been posted yet, so stay tuned)

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

I'm a little late to commenting on this thread to give complete C&C to all of these but overall, amazing work. 

Favorites: Rangers, Vegas, Tampa, Calgary, Buffalo, Detroit, Anaheim

I also really like Arizona. I love the full-bodied coyote but I feel like it gets a little lost with in the jersey. The hem also bleeds with the lighter shade of brick red.

Chicago is really interesting. Weird anecdote: As a kid, I always thought it was weird when a team had a logo with more colors than that of their actual color scheme (Blackhawks, Steelers, and Yankees were the big three). Young me didn't understand the complexities of sports history. So, yeah, it's definitely interesting but not something I could see the team doing. 

Columbus and Minnesota are honestly the only ones so far that don't do it for me. The only diagonal script jerseys that look right to me are the Rangers' and the short-lived early 90s Penguins' and, to a lesser extent, their inaugural uniforms. I know everyone around here misses the North Stars but I'm just not a fan of teams playing homage to teams that they never were. I don't even like when Winnipeg dresses up as the old Jets. But again, that's just me.

6 hours ago, Heitert said:

I'm a little late to commenting on this thread to give complete C&C to all of these but overall, amazing work. 

Favorites: Rangers, Vegas, Tampa, Calgary, Buffalo, Detroit, Anaheim

I also really like Arizona. I love the full-bodied coyote but I feel like it gets a little lost with in the jersey. The hem also bleeds with the lighter shade of brick red.

Chicago is really interesting. Weird anecdote: As a kid, I always thought it was weird when a team had a logo with more colors than that of their actual color scheme (Blackhawks, Steelers, and Yankees were the big three). Young me didn't understand the complexities of sports history. So, yeah, it's definitely interesting but not something I could see the team doing. 

Columbus and Minnesota are honestly the only ones so far that don't do it for me. The only diagonal script jerseys that look right to me are the Rangers' and the short-lived early 90s Penguins' and, to a lesser extent, their inaugural uniforms. I know everyone around here misses the North Stars but I'm just not a fan of teams playing homage to teams that they never were. I don't even like when Winnipeg dresses up as the old Jets. But again, that's just me.

Good feedback, Heitert. Thank you!

2LYbxnm.png

Was there any specific reason you chose to use the Whalers logo on the Canes jersey? Especially if you're going to be using Carolina Blue (bad idea for a Raleigh-based team, by the way, as well as the fact that they share an arena with NC State), it seems like that would be the time to focus on the Carolina part of the team, not its history. The jersey itself is gorgeous, I love it, as well as everything else here, it's all wonderful. I just would like to hear the reasoning on the usage of the Whalers logo here.

the user formerly known as cdclt

yeah, going Whalers on that is an interesting choice.  looks great though. 

Dallas is fantastic.  One of the best so far.  They could use that for a full time identity and win me over, and i don't really like Dallas.

On 7/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

Was there any specific reason you chose to use the Whalers logo on the Canes jersey? Especially if you're going to be using Carolina Blue (bad idea for a Raleigh-based team, by the way, as well as the fact that they share an arena with NC State), it seems like that would be the time to focus on the Carolina part of the team, not its history. The jersey itself is gorgeous, I love it, as well as everything else here, it's all wonderful. I just would like to hear the reasoning on the usage of the Whalers logo here.

On 7/26/2019 at 2:47 PM, B-mer said:

yeah, going Whalers on that is an interesting choice.  looks great though. 

Dallas is fantastic.  One of the best so far.  They could use that for a full time identity and win me over, and i don't really like Dallas.

Huh. Didn't think the Carolina Blue idea was that too far out there! I recently visited the Raleigh area actually and saw a fair amount of UNC stuff out and about and felt this would be a unique thing to do for the Canes. Plus, you know, the whole "if God wasn't a Tar Heel fan, then why did he make the sky Carolina Blue" thing...The reason I went with the Whalers' logo is because it simply looks better on the front of this jersey compared to a recolored version of their primary logo. Now if I were to recolor it to red/white/black, the main mark would look fine on that color palette, but I think I'm going to leave it as-is.

On to the next set of teams...

St. Louis...

Color Rush jersey:

bvwL8oF.png

Full uniform:

DY07Nyz.png

On to Montreal...

Color Rush jersey:

BbDKra7.png

Full uniform:

3qSj5QB.png

2LYbxnm.png

On 7/25/2019 at 8:02 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Good feedback, Heitert. Thank you!

For sure! 

These next few that you've posted would force me to update my favorites list. Haha. 

First off, the Whalers, err... Hurricane's jerseys are beautiful. If only Carolina actually managed to produce a brand that used that color scheme, these uniforms would be a perfect throwback that I would like the see Carolina wear often. The only issue I have is that if the 'Canes were to wear these on ice, they wouldn't make much sense as a full-time alternate. As a Winter Classic, sure, but I couldn't see these being more than a one-off. I've also noticed that this is the only team that you've used a defunct franchise for. It's so hard for me to wish for a uniform using the 'Canes identity since this is such a gorgeous jersey but I would like to see it. 

Dallas is just about perfect. Since the Stars updated their identity, I've seen many people wish that the gold would have stayed. Personally, I felt as though the update was so good, that gold was unnecessary, especially after seeing many of the concepts swap the silver for gold. Others I saw flattened and/or recolored the logo in a way that dulled the look. I love what you've done here, keeping the silver beveling and opting for a gold outline. As someone who loves Dallas' current identity, I would not at all be disappointed if Dallas were to switch to this design as a basis for their identity. My only gripe is the adoption of the 90s style stripes on the sleeves but they're not a deal-breaker. 

I should have a lot to say about my hometown Blues. However, I really don't. I love these. They're a perfect combination of the inaugural and current uniforms (which, in my opinion, are the two best uniforms the Blues have ever worn). I do like the double blue that they use now, but these are great and if this were used as the basis of a new primary set, I would imagine that the white uniforms would look stunning as well. Great work. 

Not much to say about the Canadiens either. These are a really nice nod to the history of the team and great looking uniforms in and of themselves. The all red would be a bit jarring on ice but I understand that the basis of this project really doesn't give you much of a choice in changing them. 

Archived