NHL Color Rush - All teams posted!

OhioSportsMan61

It's been about a year since I completed my last concept series, so it's time to showcase some new templates that I have been working on! 

General Rules/Guidelines for this project:

• Uniform has to be completely new, can't be an exact copy of anything the team has worn in the past. Striping patterns can be borrowed from previous uniforms, but overall it must be a completely new set.
  • Logos can be recolored, edited, etc. Previous logos may also be used.
  • For the purpose of this exercise, the general square-yoke Adizero template has to be used. No laces or different collar variations can be used. This is to allow ease with translating each illustrator design into the realistic template (I only have this one Adizero variation prepared).
  • Team colors must be prominent, however colors from previous team identities may be used.
  • Near extinction of black. In few cases, black may be used if it fits the team's identity, however the purpose of this project is to add more color into the league's uniforms.
  • Uniforms don't necessarily need to be monochrome from head to toe (helmet/jersey/pants/socks), but in most cases they will be.
  • Color rush uniforms do not need to be worn against other teams' color rush uniforms. Think of these like weekend alternates to be worn on home ice or on the road against clashing colors.

Some of these uniforms will be relatively straightforward and some will be "out there" and less traditional. I wanted to find a good balance between what is realistic and also creative. There's no real order to the team's I will be posting, but I am open for suggestions as for who to post next. 

Let's start with the Kings...

Color Rush Jersey:

QEKu010.png

Full Uniform:

ht37Omz.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion; you'd probably enhance the look by swapping the crown and the LA around; make the crown the main logo and the LA the secondary. Otherwise, though, I really like the look; though maybe reduce the amount of white on the gloves to match the jersey and pants more; as it is, they'd look a bit disjointed together on the ice.

23 hours ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

In my opinion; you'd probably enhance the look by swapping the crown and the LA around; make the crown the main logo and the LA the secondary. Otherwise, though, I really like the look; though maybe reduce the amount of white on the gloves to match the jersey and pants more; as it is, they'd look a bit disjointed together on the ice.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to leave the front crest as-is, I think it balances the white numbers with gold trim well, which the crown does not do. 

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

That’s pretty nice. Probably my partial color blindness but looks more blue than purple so gives me a Team Sweden vibe, which is fine cuz they classy. 

Thanks! I get that, it's probably the global lighting that was used in photoshop. It's a pretty similar shade of purple/forum blue. Maybe a little more saturated/brighter.

Here's a teaser for the next team that will be posted:

4LDDUrU.png

2LYbxnm.png

3 hours ago, JB Designs said:

1-1/4 teams in and you're already putting my Color Rush series to shame. Really excited to see everything still to come!

I think both of these Colour Rush series will be great.

hm.  i'm torn.  It looks great, but since it's almost the 80s/90s uniform my subconscious wants it to be black.  

Side note, but going back to LA the only thing i would change is the colorways on the gloves.  With the Bruins one i think it'd look fine, but on LA you have a clean, sleak look going on and the gloves would stick out and look strange to me.  I'd go all purple with gold company logos, or a gold cuff.  

5 hours ago, B-mer said:

hm.  i'm torn.  It looks great, but since it's almost the 80s/90s uniform my subconscious wants it to be black.  

Side note, but going back to LA the only thing i would change is the colorways on the gloves.  With the Bruins one i think it'd look fine, but on LA you have a clean, sleak look going on and the gloves would stick out and look strange to me.  I'd go all purple with gold company logos, or a gold cuff.  

Any better? Solid purple gloves are a little boring, so I think this may be a good compromise

wkzsIVm.png

2LYbxnm.png

23 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

On to the Wild...

Color Rush Jersey:

senxhnp.png

Full Uniform:

dcpkkYM.png

C&C appreciated! I know this is pretty similar to the Wild concept I put together for my last NHL redesign, however I think that it fits in well with the theme of this project :)

I like the Wild logo without the red and cream colors, it looks more clearer than their current version. I like the call back to the North Star color scheme. The zig zag on the sleeve is a good concept but it seems of of place this uniform. Overall I really like the look, I want to see how the addition of red for the stripes will look instead of yellow.

Reverse the logos on the Sabres and you have something. Good Work 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived