Pizza Hut new (old?) logo

Ipapterotes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Now if we can just get burger king to move permanently back to their old logo.

Can somebody please explain to them that Burgers don’t have gloss on them? Nobody would eat that.

Random color marks and shiny things are way too 1990s/Early 2000s.

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Can somebody please explain to them that Burgers don’t have gloss on them? Nobody would eat that.

spacer.png

Can't be any worse than what's probably already in the burgers. 😉

I do really love the old logo though. A slightly modernized version of it would look fantastic.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

The press release said that Pizza Hut's chief marketer was calling this move "bold and brave." 

Waiting for the announcement that "pizza" will now be a gender you can become. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 6/22/2019 at 7:06 PM, Ipapterotes said:

https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/pizza-hut-rivals-we-are-og-pizza-brand Seems like Pizza Hut has brought back the old logo for the return of Cheesy Bites Pizza.

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

About damn time they got wise.  They've been flaunting these horrific logos for years when their principle branding from the heyday of commercial pizza was their ticket to staying alive this whole time.  The next move they gotta make is re-issuing all their report card rewards with vintage designs and pumping out Don Bluth IP hand puppets.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

About damn time they got wise.  They've been flaunting these horrific logos for years when their principle branding from the heyday of commercial pizza was their ticket to staying alive this whole time.  The next move they gotta make is re-issuing all their report card rewards with vintage designs and pumping out Don Bluth IP hand puppets.

They still have the Book-It program, if that’s good enough...

da0Lbhs.png

On 6/23/2019 at 12:10 AM, panthers_2012 said:

Now they need to redo their restaurants to have the red roof again. That was the dumbest move they ever did was getting rid of the red roof.

Only 10% of their US sales are from dine-in.  I cannot tell you when was the last time I saw a dine-in Pizza Hut of any design, maybe 15 years ago in Texas.  Apparently, half of the 7,500 US locations still have a dine-in option.  I'm floored by that large a number.

I've seen them more are repurposed for somethings else.

http://notfoolinganybody.com/category/pizza-hut/

https://hyperallergic.com/245144/the-architectural-legacy-of-pizza-hut-restaurants/

http://usedtobeapizzahut.blogspot.com/

Pizza Hut dine-in used to have a solid salad bar and a ton of great arcade games.  If they're so gung-ho about harnessing nostalgia, their dine-in locations need to get an injection of 1980's fanfare.  Go full bore.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

41 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Pizza Hut dine-in used to have a solid salad bar and a ton of great arcade games.  If they're so gung-ho about harnessing nostalgia, their dine-in locations need to get an injection of 1980's fanfare.  Go full bore.

As long as we get Ronald Reagan/Max Headroom like Back to the Future 2, I’m all for it

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Only 10% of their US sales are from dine-in.  I cannot tell you when was the last time I saw a dine-in Pizza Hut of any design, maybe 15 years ago in Texas.  Apparently, half of the 7,500 US locations still have a dine-in option.  I'm floored by that large a number.

The one nearest to me is a dine-in restaurant.  While I no longer eat pizza (and I miss it), I ate there far more often than I used it for take-out over the years.  (Though I would pick up some p-zones.)  I was always impressed by the comfort in the restaurant, most especially in terms of the lights being kept very low.  I am not sure if that is a standard company practice; but it was very nice.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 6/22/2019 at 10:43 PM, simtek34 said:

spacer.png

On 6/23/2019 at 12:42 AM, chrysleraspen08 said:

A slightly modernized version of it would look fantastic.

I agree. A slight modernization of the classic "BURGER KING" script inside of standard-looking hamburger buns is the way to go.

They usage of blue can be done in several ways, some of them keeping the blue to a minimum. But it might also work with or without the blue.

However, for the color scheme it's best if it doesn't look too much like McDonalds or even Harvey's, so that also needs to be taken in consideration.

I also agree that the glistening buns really need to go.

33 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:
On 6/22/2019 at 10:43 PM, simtek34 said:

spacer.png

On 6/23/2019 at 12:42 AM, chrysleraspen08 said:

A slightly modernized version of it would look fantastic.

I also agree that the glistening buns really need to go.

As does the motion line.  Your burger is not spinning!

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 6/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, simtek34 said:

spacer.png

Actually there's a burger joint in town who's buns have like a sheen on them from like butter something.

3 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Actually there's a burger joint in town who's buns have like a sheen on them from like butter something.

And to be fair, there's a distinct possibility that you're getting a greasy bun that shines like that at any fast food joint.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived