Pizza Hut new (old?) logo

Ipapterotes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/24/2019 at 5:43 PM, simtek34 said:

They still have the Book-It program, if that’s good enough...

On 6/25/2019 at 7:59 AM, Cujo said:

Anyone else?

fa03e26c200c3548054e292cb5ad8fbf.jpeg

Ah, the memories... I loved me some Book It personal pan pizza back in the day. Good times! I remember when the switched from the regular pins to the lenticular ones:

spacer.png

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

On 6/24/2019 at 1:35 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The one nearest to me is a dine-in restaurant.  While I no longer eat pizza (and I miss it), I ate there far more often than I used it for take-out over the years.  (Though I would pick up some p-zones.)  I was always impressed by the comfort in the restaurant, most especially in terms of the lights being kept very low.  I am not sure if that is a standard company practice; but it was very nice.

Whoa, there.

The self-described "New York chauvinist" admits to eating - and enjoying - Pizza Hut!?

I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

46 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't like either Pizza Hut logo?

You don't like the old logo?

U5aTdIP.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Whoa, there.

The self-described "New York chauvinist" admits to eating - and enjoying - Pizza Hut!?

I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

Hehe, you got me there!  While Pizza Hut is not in the same class as real New York pizza, it was passable.  And, because I dined in the restaurant, I wound up going with a group.  So going there was more doing a hang than partaking in high-quality pizza.  (However, the p-zone was excellent.  That I would order for take-out.)

Also, I will admit to really liking Sbarro, which is often mocked.  (Even I like to call it "Sbaglio", which means "mistake", just for the laugh.)  But generally I enjoy their pizza.

But Domino's?  Forget it.  Better to eat the box.  And I wouldn't even give Papa John's a chance.  (And that was before Schnatter imploded.)

Still, a New Yorker could live his or her entire life and never deal with any of these chains.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

You don't like the old logo?

U5aTdIP.gif

Lol.  I should've clarified - I get the nostalgia of the old one, but I don't like just moving back to the old logo and calling it a day.  It'd be nice to see an updated version of the original.  I feel the same way about Burger King's logo.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, simtek34 said:

Can somebody please explain to them that Burgers don’t have gloss on them? Nobody would eat that.

Random color marks and shiny things are way too 1990s/Early 2000s.

spacer.png

Well, some do:

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

FWIW, Aussie Burger King (AKA Hungry Jack's... AKA "Hungries") has always used the OG logo.

store-wa_1.jpg?ext=.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/24/2019 at 11:00 AM, dfwabel said:

Only 10% of their US sales are from dine-in.  I cannot tell you when was the last time I saw a dine-in Pizza Hut of any design, maybe 15 years ago in Texas.  Apparently, half of the 7,500 US locations still have a dine-in option.  I'm floored by that large a number.

I've seen them more are repurposed for somethings else.

http://notfoolinganybody.com/category/pizza-hut/

https://hyperallergic.com/245144/the-architectural-legacy-of-pizza-hut-restaurants/

http://usedtobeapizzahut.blogspot.com/

Lots of "Pizza Hut Express" stores are popping up, which technically have "dine-in" options, but literally just a handful of tables - nowhere close to the size you used to see.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:43 PM, rmc523 said:

Lol.  I should've clarified - I get the nostalgia of the old one, but I don't like just moving back to the old logo and calling it a day.  It'd be nice to see an updated version of the original.  I feel the same way about Burger King's logo.

Sometimes going to an old design is all that's needed.

59 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Indeed. If only the Marlins, Padres, and New York Jets would get that message (not to mention the Nets).

Pretty much.

When you re-design your identity? You should keep your possibilities open. Which means accepting that you may end up returning to an old look with little to no modifications. Sometimes? That is the best avenue open to you. The philosophy of "I don't like going back" is fundamentally limiting because you're actively disqualifying what could be some of your best available options.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived