QueenCitySwarm

Charlotte Very Much in Play for 30th MLS Team

50 minutes ago, Mockba said:

Hurry up and figure it out so that I know if I need to add the Republic to the concept series I've been working on. ;) 

Sash for the home, gray hoops for the road, New Glory Brewing for the sponsor. 

Boom. 😂

On 7/19/2019 at 12:04 PM, DG_Now said:

There's something to be said for making your pitch (lol) feel inevitable, but there's also something about putting a car before a horse.

MLS expansion is fine, but I really wish some markets like Philly, Boston, Denver and even the Red Bulls could have a do-over on their stadiums. Not the stadiums per se, but the locations.

Talen Energy Stadium is beautiful, having the Commodore Barry Bridge in the background. But it is in Chester which is 20-30 minutes from Philadelphia. Also, the area in which the stadium is located is not a good area, to say the least. I really wish that the stadium could have been built by CBP, the Wells Fargo Center, and the Linc. You wouldn't have as good of a background but it beats the hell out of it being in Chester. 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:25 AM, jmac11281 said:

Talen Energy Stadium is beautiful, having the Commodore Barry Bridge in the background. But it is in Chester which is 20-30 minutes from Philadelphia. Also, the area in which the stadium is located is not a good area, to say the least. I really wish that the stadium could have been built by CBP, the Wells Fargo Center, and the Linc. You wouldn't have as good of a background but it beats the hell out of it being in Chester. 

Philly's concentration of its sports venues on a campus, particularly, makes the Union's situation look that much worse. Shame they couldn't sacrifice one of the parking lots at the end of the alphabet to build there. The Linc has proven to be a very solid soccer venue, though.