Uni Watch / SI Design Challenge: Let's Update the Cincinnati Bengals’ Uniform

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/28/2019 at 10:04 AM, AndrewG70 said:

The biggest issue I have with the Bengals’ uniforms is that they resemble those of the Browns too closely. By simply eliminating the orange, to me it makes a huge difference.

spacer.png

Love that for a once a year thing. But until the NFL gives up its antiquated one helmet policy, can't happen. Team needs orange.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, WideRight said:

Here is a design I uploaded about a year ago.  I replaced the current number font with the one used by UCONN for several years.  I also got rid of the jersey side stripes but kept a bit of the white on the pants stripe.  Not too different from the current, but still an improvement (I believe). 

spacer.png

I had an idea in mind, but this is pretty much it. The University of Memphis has used tiger stripes on its sleeves for a few seasons now, and I think it would be a cleaner look for the Bengals. With the exception of the number font, you've matched my idea, so there's no need for me to enter :P

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On 6/28/2019 at 12:04 PM, AndrewG70 said:

The biggest issue I have with the Bengals’ uniforms is that they resemble those of the Browns too closely. By simply eliminating the orange, to me it makes a huge difference.

spacer.png

The af2 Cincinnati Jungle Kats have already tried

spacer.png

It's where I sit.

I get custom numbers, but why to teams try so hard to have something that's so unique?  More often than not, they look terrible.  

The current Bengals numbers don't fall into the 'terrible' category, but they don't go well with their uniform - a more Texans-ish style would have been preferable.  Hopefully that's something that's corrected.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, AndrewG70 said:

spacer.png

I noticed people were quick to do the white helmets on the Bengals, but not on the Browns. Seeing this makes me laugh. This looks good, but the numbers ruin it for me. Unlike the Browns, the Bengals looks the best in orange helmets.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, WideRight said:

Here is a design I uploaded about a year ago.  I replaced the current number font with the one used by UCONN for several years.  I also got rid of the jersey side stripes but kept a bit of the white on the pants stripe.  Not too different from the current, but still an improvement (I believe). 

spacer.png

change the number font to plain block and not that type of font. Move the Nike swoosh on the sleeves and you got a winner! Remember, always keep the black stripe of the sleeves on top so the orange jerseys can work. The home and road ones look clean without that stupid side panel and shoulder yoke garbage. Other than that, excellent!

The Nike swoosh on the road whites and alt orange jerseys should be black below the third stripe of the sleeves same goes for the home blacks except on that one make the Nike swoosh white.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, BelfourThibault said:

So many great concepts here that would really improve the look. My biggest wish for the Bengals is for them to run away from the stupid “B” logo and go back to emphasizing the leaping tiger. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/sets/72157709687544572

There’s at least six concepts here that’d be huge upgrades over the real Bengals’ set. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 12:45 AM, andrewharrington said:

The biggest thing that bugs me about the current uniform is the reversing of the tiger stripes. It makes no sense for them to be orange on black. You’ve fixed that here. Well done.

The worst thing (among multiple things) about the uniforms is the white side panels, but I agree that the the reversed stripes do not get enough negative attention.  Worse yet, they flip-flop them on the same jersey.  As you said stripes should always be black on an orange background.  And that lower striping pattern, right above the Nike logo, is ugly.

They could use a combination of screen-printing (or whatever that is) and fabric to simulate orange sections in the jersey that have black tiger stripes, like what they had '81 to '03.  Don't present it as a "black sleeve" or an "orange sleeve" like it is now.

usa_today_10228600.0.jpg

1043762138.jpg.0.jpg

At least the Bengals' colors are orange and black.

I see so many people on here whining when a team's animal mascot doesn't match their colors, for example, whining about UCLA or something: "But there are no blue and gold bruins in the wild!"  

So in this case, yeah, embrace the tiger stripes.  It's a sweet look and the colors actually match their namesake.  Go hog wild. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived