Another New Jersey Devils Black Alternate

Soma

When news came out last offseason that the Devils were going to release an alternate jersey (ultimately a Heritage Jersey), I suggested on the main NHL 2018-2019 thread that I had accidentally seen mockups from someone who works for the team of a number of innovative options for an alternate. I stated that what I had seen were not throwbacks and had little to no green. I was summarily rebuffed by someone who worked for Adidas, so I dropped it. I also didn't want to cause any issues because I had seen something that was not for public consumption.

Anyway, let's just say I was underwhelmed by the Heritage Jerseys. As beautiful as they are, they were not as unique and thoughtful as some of the concepts I saw. I decided to recreate my favorite concept from memory (taking some liberties, definitely with the stripes) - actually the only one I remember enough. There were others that weren't Jersey themed, but I think most were monochromatic - matching sweaters and bottoms and had minimal green. As a die-hard fan, I've always wanted the Devils to step outside the classic NJ crest box and wear really slick thirds like some other teams. I hope this doesn't break any forum rules, but I would just love to see Hughes, Hallsy, Subban, and all the other Devils in these. Perhaps they are even coming this year, though I haven't heard any news.

spacer.png

(It's wild that another poster, I believe B-mer, just put out a pretty black NJD third on the same day. I was going to post it on Thursday but I wasn't able to load the mock on a file sharing site.)

Sorry to steal your thunder. This is an interesting direction though. Has an NBA city jersey or whatever they call it feel. The only thing for me is the red-white-Red stripes like that make me think of Ottawa, or at least what they were. 

Definitely feels very NBA City Edition to me. Seems rather consistent with the team’s push from a few years ago to be Jersey’s team, which I think isn’t their main messaging these days. 

Archived