Fantasy Football: Global Relocations (Uniforms added 11/15)

WideRight

New team added on Page 2.

Hey Sportslogos community,

One of the teams in my fantasy football league is contemplating relocation after 33 seasons in Oakland (Sound familiar?).  The Oakland Terrors wear black & silver but are now looking at London (or maybe Berlin) as their new location.  They may want to change name, they may not, so I came up with a new logo and wordmark for either eventuality, using werewolf imagery.  I also added a pale blue to the palette because I think it needed more contrast.   I would love to get your feedback on the 2 different main logo ideas.  The first is a bit more simple and could be applied to any city, the second is busier, but incorporates the London identity more (both with Big Ben and the formation of an L between BB and the rooftop at the bottom of the logo).    Just FYI, the figure of the werewolf itself is not original, it is based heavily on the work found at https://www.designevo.com/create/logos/wolf.html, and yes, the clouds are based loosely on the old Orlando Thunder logo. 

Any  feedback is appreciated.  

spacer.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it better without Big Ben in there (even if it ends up being London). Also, is the gray outline around the moon a different shade than the outline around the clouds? A quick minor change, but I think I'd like to see that the exact same shade.

XcryMwi.png

11 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Another London reference with the Terrors could be the tower of London.. I like how Big Ben and the ground create the "L" for London

I didn't notice till you pointed it out and now I think it's brilliant. I wonder if removing the clouds would sufficiently declutter the more elaborate version with the L.

rATMcmK.png

I like the Big Ben logo, but I worry that at smaller scale, the tower and wolf will be blended together since they're both black.

Also, not crazy about the font used.  Angry Birds has that on lockdown.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Follow up based on your comments and those of the team owner.

First up, the London Werewolves (Werewolves of London):  I simplified the logo, removing the clouds, shrinking the moon and emphasizing the "L" shape of Big Ben + rooftop.

In the first image I tried removing the dusky blue color to just have Black & Grey (the team's old colors when they were in Oakland).  But, this proved a bit too drab so I brought back the dusky blue for the uniforms and I like that a lot better.   It looks like the team will opt for its Berlin identity, so this concept may never be used, but who knows, maybe another team will want to relocate to London now that the first of our 12 franchises (a 33 year old franchise in Oakland) has decided to test the waters overseas.   

So, here is the latest version of the Werewolves. 

spacer.png

spacer.png
"" 

And, after several rounds with the owner, here are the current ideas for the Berlin Brewers.  Originally I had a single B with the bear/barrel logo (modified from the Calicraft California Brewery logo), but the owner wanted a double B logo, so that is the final version.   It is not my most original logo, because it is so strongly based on the Calicraft logo, but I did make some significant modifications to the bear (to make it shaggier & more aggressive looking) and its head in particular.   I also created a bear head + hops secondary logo.  The owner does not like yellow much, but recognized the connection to the German flag.  So, we are still debating between the red-emphasis design and a black-emphasis design, in both cases with yellow used only as a tertiary color in logos & piping. 

Thoughts?

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 7/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, neo_prankster said:

Blue helmet looks the best.

The logo looks much simpler without Big Ben.

Oh yeah, make sure to have that Warren Zevon song for every touchdown scored at home.

Totally Agree. AAAHRUUUUU  Also like the way you used Cincinnati Bengals font for "London" in the wordmark.

16 hours ago, The Nati MacDaddy said:

Totally Agree. AAAHRUUUUU  Also like the way you used Cincinnati Bengals font for "London" in the wordmark.

Yeah, I picked up a set of NFL fonts a while back and I love the Bengals one.  That and the font from the first Captain America movie are perhaps the two that I use the most often in wordmarks. 

Archived