2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Dalton is an interesting idea.

The Browns are in win-now mode but don't have the QB to win now. They're almost begging for a Brad Johnson in Tampa or Trent Dilfer in Baltimore situation. Just need someone to not screw up. Or throw 3 picks.

To add to that...

...Remember back in the "good ol' days" (when teams and by and large society as a whole was more patient) when the NFL had a nice little stockpile of backup plans? I'm talking the likes of Scott Zolak, Wade Wilson, Eric Zeier, Billy Joe Tolliver, Kent Graham (who at one point actually was a starter), Dave Brown, Stoney Case, the ultimate backup Mark Rypien, Scott Mitchell pre-Detroit Lions, Steve DeBerg, Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell (both of whom played behind Favre in Green Bay before becoming starters in their own right), Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Rich Gannon, & just about every other castoff former 49er starter post-Joe Montana? (Okay that last part was just a joke--but all three of those guys somehow ended up starters in KC right after Montana Joe.) You know, semi-crusty older guys who certainly wouldn't wow you with raw athleticism, but whom guys knew they could count on to get in the game and get the job done when they needed them?

Wellp....we don't have that no more. And what we see playing out in the NFL today is a byproduct of that. Teams don't keep quarterbacks long enough for them to even be halfway-decent backups, let alone have the the resources to let younger guys sit long enough to learn how to be starters. 

Welcome to the microwave age, guys. 🤷‍♂️

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm under the impression that McVay is trying to throw this game becuse it's the 3rd quarter and the Rams have thrown the ball 10 :censored:ing times, I get the O-line is a mess and the 49ers D-line is great but its impossible to win a game that way. The Defense is also dog :censored:. If this team makes the playoffs I'll eat a pound of wasabi. 

Edit: Yeah this might be the worse offensive line I've ever seen. Goff is about to be sacked the moment the ball is snapped on every passing  play they are giving him absolutly no time at all. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

2 passes were tipped by Browns receivers into Seahawk hands. Can't blame the QB on those. Unfortunately, they're still committing stupid penalties and the refs calling a blindside tackle on Landry when he hit him straight up was ridiculous. The Landry score that wasn't was a pretty bad review call as well.

True -- I acknowledged in my first post that they weren't all his fault. Though, if it's tipped by one guy and lands in the hands of another, doesn't that mean Baker is throwing into too much traffic?

Seahawks definitely got a boost from the refs today, absolutely. It also felt like the Seahawks' win was inevitable in the second half, even when they were down for a bit. Russell Wilson was generally getting whatever he wanted after some bad first drives, and that was the game.

In 2019, San Francisco may be legit good, and the Browns -- for all of that -- are looking at a top ten pick. Ouch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Braves - lost to red birds (St. Louis Cardinals) and knocked out of the playoffs

Georgia - lost to red birds (South Carolina Gamecocks) as a 20+ point favorite

Falcons - lost to red birds (Arizona Cardinals) on a missed XP.

Falcons capped off a rough week for Georgia teams playing against teams with red birds as mascots/logos.

IUe6Hvh.png

Remember how I opined in a previous that achieving 7-9 might be a minor miracle for the Snatit this season? Um, yeah, about that...

...Snatit gonna snatit.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I haven't been watching football this season (and wow, it is refreshing), but I got a notification on my phone that Rosen was benched in the 2nd half of the game against the Redskins. This was after I got another notification that the Dolphins were going to make him the starter throughout the rest of the season. I'm not the biggest Rosen fan, but man, this guy has not had a great start to his career. Being drafted by a team that wasn't any good and then abandoned immediately a season later, traded to a team that is even worse. Miami also doesn't seem to see him as their future guy, which further proves the point that he's been set up to fail. I know it's business, but I feel bad for him.

There's definitely an element of guys getting yanked around or stuck with bad coaches. Like, I wonder how pointless Tom Brady's career would have been if he'd been Jeff Fisher's guy in Tennessee or something. No way he amounts to anything, let alone being considered one of the greatest of all time.

Hilariously, the Chargers are down 21 to the Steelers' 14th string QB and I think that's fun.

3 hours ago, lordsketor said:

giphy.gif

Today was also the day that I listened to Crime in Sports' hilarious (and very revealing) episode on Nate "The Kitchen" Newton.

nate-newton.jpg&w=1000&q=70

What does it reveal about this Cowboys legend (to me, a novice in the realm)? Well:

• a dogfighting incident
  • a Frehley-ian knack for crashing cars
  • his history of domestic violence (including one time where he nearly shot his kid while assaulting his pregnant wife)
  • how he and the other Cowboys used the term "whores" as a blanket term for women
  • maybe being involved in some White House shenanigans (not the DC one, the one that was the team's sex dungeon)
  • was not very discreet in his dealings
  • has three horrifying sandwiches named after him at the Coppell Deli (ingredients here, look at your own discretion)

It was a glorious day of Cowboys embarrassment. It also convinced me to get Boys will be Boys on Audible.

On the topic of this season, I'm not expecting the Niners to truly be good. Call it intuition.

There is no team I hate more than the Chargers (yes, I actually rooted for NE against them in the playoffs last year), so to see them lose to the Steelers third string QB makes me very glad for a number of reasons.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Reid also needs to go. This is becoming Philly 2.0 with him now. Or are they going to wait until he loses 3 straight conference championships? Again

You have a lot more confidence in the Chiefs making a conference championship game than I do. I don't see them losing the West simply because the rest of the division is hot garbage but if they win a playoff game it'll be a miracle. 

As easy as it is to say fire Reid, my only question is who would actually be an improvement over him? He has some very glaring flaws but his unemployment period was very brief for a reason. 

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

True -- I acknowledged in my first post that they weren't all his fault. Though, if it's tipped by one guy and lands in the hands of another, doesn't that mean Baker is throwing into too much traffic?

Seahawks definitely got a boost from the refs today, absolutely. It also felt like the Seahawks' win was inevitable in the second half, even when they were down for a bit. Russell Wilson was generally getting whatever he wanted after some bad first drives, and that was the game.

In 2019, San Francisco may be legit good, and the Browns -- for all of that -- are looking at a top ten pick. Ouch.

Doesn't matter, Seattle won.

Archived